Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anything Goes

a thread for stuff

Iron man... Rain man... but iron rain? Yup, iron can vaporize and rain iron and be deposited on the cooler side of planets if the winds are strong enough. The iron is vaporised on the hot side of the planet and blown around until its cool enough to solidify. The Moon may have undergone a similar process shortly after the impact with Gaia but it depends on when the Moon became tidally locked. As the theory goes the Moon was very close after the collision and everything was blazing hot. The near side of the Moon froze into position (not really, there is a slight wobble) cooking silicates etc that migrated to the far side where they precipitated out forming an especially thicker crust than the near side.

A problem with that lunar theory is the transport mechanism, this planet with raining iron is large and the winds are thousands of mph. Obviously iron is very heavy and silicates are less so but the Moon must have had an atmosphere thick enough with high winds to move material to the far side. The far side is several miles higher in altitude, the near side was excavated by impacts starting around 4 bya.
    The impactors were more dense and thats why the side that was hit with a broadside faces us.

Comment

plastic is everywhere

Comment

"The tsunami flowed across 40 km of land surface at an estimated depth of 90 m."

​​​​​​https://landsat.gsfc.nasa.gov/articl...ron-discovery/

25 miles up slope and close to 300 ft deep dating to 2800 BC. Not quite up to Scablands standards but still... Nevertheless, I dont think that gave rise to the world's flood myths.

imagine an impact in the Indian Ocean funneling a tsunami northwestward up the Persian Gulf/river valley (Ice age) along the mountain ranges of western Iran. The flat river plain to the west could have been covered by a flood of biblical proportions, human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together, mass hysteria. But we have a problem, the Bible describes the boat as rectangular with bow and stern but earlier Sumerian texts describe it as round, very much like the boats used to this day in the region. Round boats have advantages and disadvantages, they're hard to propel and direct but they're incredibly stable. A round boat would be better at surviving a tsunami than a boat with a bow and stern.

Couple more interesting features of the story, it began with a southern storm and the fountains of the deep burst forth followed by a deluge of rain. Science can explain Moses' parting of the Red Sea with wind set down, what does the flood story sound like? Maybe a hurricane or typhoon with a tidal surge. No, Shuruppak was too far inland. The flood wasn't some extraordinary event with runoff from the mountains swelling the Tigris and Euphrates, the storm and surge came from the south. Noah's boat was built to drift, not sail or row, and it drifted northward into the foothills of southern Turkey.

Now I dont know about the dating, my research has the flood further back around 10400-9600 BC or more and according to that article they have found evidence of earlier tsunamis in that time frame. Some people have argued a comet (Encke?) was captured into a closer orbit about 20,000 years ago producing our Taurid meteor showers. I think some of the flood survivors settled at Gobekli Tepe and Karahan Tepe, but Sumerian records and flood deposits support the 2800 BC date. I have seen enough evidence the people at Karahan Tepe had a cosmology 11,000 years ago we still have today based on 12.

​​​​​​Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	182
Size:	132.8 KB
ID:	9467090

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	171
Size:	859.5 KB
ID:	9467093

Comment

A new genomic diversity study published in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences journal found that the Psilocybe genus emerged much earlier than scientists previously thought: about 65 million years ago, to be exact. That would place the birth of magic mushrooms around the same time the meteor wiped out all the dinosaurs.

According to the movie Caveman pot was around when dinosaurs roamed the Earth, Ringo Starr escaped a Triceratops by feeding it weed​

Comment

Was at the supermarket and a woman was pushing her cart with a kid in it coughing as they went, ak ak ak ak ak ak ak

course I'm sure she'd get in trouble leaving the kid in the car. I'm doomed to getting covid, just a matter of time. Herd immunity didn't work, the cleavage site on the virus is not found in nature and makes the virus immune to us.

Comment

“When exposing a crime is treated as a crime, you are being ruled by criminals.” — Edward Snowden

Comment

Olalde-Mathie believed cannabis users could demonstrate higher empathy because of the suggested anxiety-mediating effects of cannabis. “If you’re not so anxious, your physiological response and autonomic response is not so high,” he said. “You can use your resources.” - WaPo

Funny how the Feds back in the 30s looking for a war to replace Prohibition announced how the Mexican devil weed turned people into violent sociopaths. In the 50s when the new enemy was Marcia weed became a commie plot to pacify the nation. Maybe we should be shipping tons of weed to Ukraine, drop THC smoke bombs over battlefields.

Comment

Moonquakes are a hazard for human settlements. An Apollo mission in '70 witnessed a 5.0 quake and unlike Earthquakes, moonquakes can last hours. As the Moon's innerds cool it shrinks (150 ft in a few hundred millions years) so the analogy is a grape drying out, the surface crumples as it shrinks.

Comment

"Besides cushioning the brain in case of impact, “the fluid also transports metabolic waste products, antibodies, chemicals and pathological products of disease away from the brain and spinal cord tissue into the bloodstream.”

In other words, the drainage clears toxins from the brain."

The back of the nose includes a drainage system for the brain. Eyeballs also have drainage systems. If they're damaged ocular pressure can increase and all sorts of problems can happen. Sounds like the brain and the fluids within it also can clog up increasing pressure and allowing toxins to settle. Thats why walking is so important, the body needs movement.

Comment

Five people are believed to have developed Alzheimer’s after they were treated with a human growth hormone that inadvertently contained the seeds of dementia.

The tainted hormone was given to more than 1,800 children of short stature in the UK between 1959 and 1995 before being withdrawn when it was shown to trigger Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease (CJD).

Now, scientists at University College London (UCL) have found that the same batch responsible for cases of CJD also appears to have triggered Alzheimer’s in some patients. The youngest developed dementia symptoms at just 38 years old.

jhc anything for a buck

Comment

Regarding the thread Title
                          I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
                          Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
                          Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

Blah

Comment

Speed up, you move too slow

​​​​​​Professor Bryant and colleagues at the University of Cambridge and National Institute for Health in the U.S. studied blood samples from a group of 21 volunteers, who ate a 500-kcal meal and then fasted for 24 hours before consuming a second 500-kcal meal.

The team found that restricting calorie intake increased levels of a lipid known as arachidonic acid. Lipids are molecules that play important roles in our bodies, such as storing energy and transmitting information between cells. As soon as individuals ate a meal again, levels of arachidonic acid dropped.

When the researchers studied arachidonic acid's effect in immune cells cultured in the lab, they found that it turns down the activity of the NLRP3 inflammasome.

Fasting is healthy. I keep trying to get my diabetic golfing buddy to fast but he's on meds for blood sugar and fasting translates into low blood sugar so instead he eats processed carbs multiple times thru the day. I wish he'd reduce his dosage and eat 1-2 a day within a short time window. I try to do my eating within 6 hours with 18+ of no food.

Comment

• -Jrabbit
                                -Jrabbit commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Fasting is not healthy for everyone. Diabetics with a heart condition (like my wife) are an excellent example.
                            Working...
                            X