which is not correct because jews are very intelligent

but I have been reading and I have to say
    the poor jews. they were persecuted for milenia mileeeeeeeeeeeeenia

pogroms after pogroms.

there was christian rage against them

and that jesus guy (that didn't existed) he was anti jew

actually probably the satan the nbringer of light

I'm greek. very enthralled by my contriy;s history and beaches of course

but i wanted to go and see the eeeend the very beggining of civ before greeks, minoans, mycenaaeans

and there was mesopotamia (another greek word like all, meso=middle potami=river)

and uruk and the fable of girosuri or something

the primal very first gods

then

zeus of lighting

but el was the first god of the canaaans. the yahweh Γιαχβέ in greek

el got merged with yahweh then there was just yahweh who was a god of storm

that's where the jewish god came from after the 10 tribes of their got assimiliated bu the conquering babyl

that is so enthralling

then el merged with yahweh and there was only yahweh, that is the jewish and that is the christian god

under very heavy influence from paul christianity was forged in the greek speaking world and the roman world

we worshipo a storm god, yahweh

and nothing is original in the bible

(comes from greek AGAIN, biblia, the books.)
    actually everything is greek but there are some things even more ancient and it is amzing

we all worship (or not) a storm god of war

btw by my new avatr I save people the effort of calling me an ass

Comment

So hippopotamus means river-horse? That's funny.

It's also interestingly close to it's name in German, nile-horse
      Indifference is Bliss

Comment

yes haha

it does mean river horse

actually german is one of the lanmguages that is very close (maybe the closest) to ancient greek gramatically

no idea if it is influenced by greek vocabulary but I would vendure so much as say: stupedifyingly much

Comment

it has a grammar form called dative (which means δοτική - dotiki) that existed in ancient greek but was lost by time in modern greek

many religious texts use it
          for axample when you say thank you and they reply with an old religious phrase which is τω θεώ which doesn't exactly means "give your thanks to god" but rather like give the (things) that are His to him.

anyway that's dative that the german language keeps using

Comment

I also used to call an ex so called girlfriend an hippopotamus because she was very insenstiive and she just kept senning me hippotamus smilies so we didn't get far

Comment

paraphrasing Solon's account about Atlantis told him by an Egyptian priest, "you Greeks are ignorant children, you know nothing of the past"

otoh that priest (or Solon) credited the Greeks with defeating the Atlanteans.

The Greeks got much of their religion and science from the Mesopotamians, people were using trig long before Pythagorus showed up.

If I lived in Greece I'd try to make a trip to Gobekli Tepe and Karahan Tepe

Comment

it is a well known phrase

he said that we were like small children because we had no recollection of what had happened before the last flood, whereas egyptians, allegendly, because they used stonme instead of papyrus (IIRC) had those records and we did not.

so greeks had not recolation of what had happened before the last flood. Egyptians allgedly did. and for many floods before

he specifically said that athenians defeated atlantis but only by fate. so, atlantians were reiging terror down on athenians with far superior techology and had decimated all the atheniean men.

then a huge volcanic erruption happened and "swallowed" atlantis and so athens was saved. by fate

egyptions knew all this because of the above mentioned durabvle records. greeks did not

it is interesting

it is in timeos and kritias

Comment

I understand Atlantis was done in by nature but didn't Solon say the Greeks defeated the Atlantean invasion of the E Mediterranean before the calamity?

Comment

No IIRC he said the opposite. That athens was about to be overwhelemed and erradicated and then the erruption happened

Comment

dp

Comment

hmmm but maybe you're acctually right

Critias
                        (/ˈkrɪtiəs/; Greek: Κριτίας), supposedly one of Plato's late dialogues, recounts the story of the mighty island kingdom Atlantis and its attempt to conquer Athens, which failed due to the ordered society of the Athenians.​

Comment

Οι Αθηναίοι οδήγησαν μια συμμαχία ενάντια στην αυτοκρατορία της Ατλαντίδας, και καθώς η συμμαχία αδυνατούσε, οι Αθηναίοι επικράτησαν μόνοι και ελευθέρωναν κατακτημένες περιοχές. «Όμως αργότερα έγιναν δυνατοί σεισμοί και πλημμύρες, και σε μια μόνο δεινή ημέρα και νύχτα όλοι οι πολεμιστές βυθίστηκαν μέσα στη γη, και ομοίως η νήσος της Ατλαντίδας χάθηκε στα βάθη της θάλασσας».

I remember now. the athenians were indeed advancing and then huge earthquakes and strong floods took place and in only one day atlantis was swallowed by the see along with all the male advancing athenians army

Comment

it is an allegory of plato's ideal state (athens) and how that led it to win

it allegendly took palce in the 9000 BC and biulds on even more ancient lore

besides the first premordial gods of the meopotamians (the epic of giramesh) was when men first begun to create civilization that came along agriculture and the start of sedetary life that gave birth to cities

that was when gods were worshiped in high altars. some say cities were made in order to worshipo gods

in any case concepts like floods, people made of mud/clay/dirt 3 days and god rising, all of that existed long long before christianity and slightly long before the greek dodecathean

but yeah the origin of god is to be found in mesopotamia and the dawn of civ as was accomplished by cities as was accimploshed by agriculture and the diversification of labor in the fertile crescent

Comment

actually the first epic that is not greek nro egyptian but mesopotamian of gilgamesh speaks of men starting to live in cities and the alianation from nature and the wild and what taht did to mens' chacracter.

then the canaans that would become the jews after the loss of 10 of their tribes due to assimilation to babylon after it had concqurerd canaa gives birth to yaweh that he was from a cluster of gods,

the jewish god was not one god, he had parents and siblings.
                              '
                              also probably jesus and joihn the baptist were real people and not al all peaceloving

anyway christianity was hugely influenved by greek thought and roman thought but used as its basis yahweh the one god that emerged for the jews after their 10 tribes were lost

Comment

Working...
                              X