Size:	160.2 KB
ID:	9470749

that was posted on X ​

Comment

• -Jrabbit
      -Jrabbit commented
      Editing a comment
      Pure trollery.

• How many of Trumps Lies and alt right conspiracy theories have you fallen for.
    TOO MANY TO LIST.
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• These politicians really have a great imagination. Just look at this: https://www.nytimes.com/2024/05/02/n...stockpile.html.
      Menendez says that his father is guilty of his briberies because of traumatic experiences in his past associated with cash and finances. What?!
      I know they try all kinds of things to escape jail, but not like this. Anyway, he'll be able to appeal the verdict. It says here, on this law firm's site, that the appeal can show that the law was not correctly applied by the trial judge or that the jurors were biased or showed misconduct. So, he may escape prison after all.​
      Last edited by Don91; May 13, 2024, 06:00.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ming View Post
        How many of Trumps Lies and alt right conspiracy theories have you fallen for.
        TOO MANY TO LIST.
        Can you list 3? I was a devoted MSNBC fan until 2018 and I believed Trump was compromised by Russia. Then in 2018 I found out MSNBC was lying and Russiagate was Hillary's campaign strategy of smearing Trump as a traitor. And I found out Obama's FBI lied to a Fisa court to spy on him before the election based on Hillary's lies. My sin was believing those lies. Trump is a liar but he wasn't lying about that, the people I trusted were lying about him.

Comment

• Blah blah blah... Trump is OK, but all the Dems suck. Got it.
          He has lied more than ANY OTHER PRESIDENT or POLITICIAN in recent history.
          Maybe you should be attacking him as much as your perceived slights against the Dems.
          But no... you come up with childish nick names for the Dems, but none for Trump... the biggest liar of them all.
          Do you still believe he won the election?
          Keep on Civin'

Comment

• Berzerker
            Berzerker commented
            Editing a comment
            Lying is commonplace in Washington

• Marjorie Taylor Greene fails to remove House Speaker

Republican Congresswoman Marjorie Taylor Greene's effort to remove Mike Johnson as Speaker of the House of Representatives has failed.

​ She had demanded Johnson be kicked out due to his support for a $61bn aid package for Ukraine.

​ However, Democrats joined Republicans in a 359-43 vote to kill her motion.

​ Ms Greene's speech on the House floor was met by loud boos from other members of the chamber.

​ The long-telegraphed motion proved to be a rare act of defiance against the party's presumptive nominee - Donald Trump. He had previously voiced support for the House Speaker and called the drive to oust him "unfortunate".

​ Only two other Republican members of Congress supported Ms Greene's motion: Thomas Massie and Paul Gosar.

​ Joined by Mr Massie, Ms Greene stood on the House floor and criticised Mr Johnson for a series of compromises he has struck with Democrats, who hold a majority in the Senate.

​ "This is the 'uniparty' for the American people watching," she said of politicians in the chamber as they booed her. "By passing the Democrats' agenda and handcuffing the Republicans' ability and influence legislation, our elected Republican Speaker Mike Johnson has aided and abetted the Democrats and the Biden administration in destroying our country," she added.

​ Mr Johnson could be seen walking around the House floor after Ms Greene began her motion, with Republican supporters shaking his hand and patting him on the back.

​https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-68981084
          I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
          Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
          Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

• Berzerker
            Berzerker commented
            Editing a comment
            40 Democrats and 3 Republicans supported her effort

• -Jrabbit
            -Jrabbit commented
            Editing a comment
            359 US reps did not want to waste another month screwing around while the GOP tries to pick a new Speaker. Virtually all House members are in an election; they can't afford to be seen as part of the do-nothing problem.

• Originally posted by Berzerker View Post

Can you list 3? I was a devoted MSNBC fan until 2018 and I believed Trump was compromised by Russia. Then in 2018 I found out MSNBC was lying and Russiagate was Hillary's campaign strategy of smearing Trump as a traitor. And I found out Obama's FBI lied to a Fisa court to spy on him before the election based on Hillary's lies. My sin was believing those lies. Trump is a liar but he wasn't lying about that, the people I trusted were lying about him.
          All this tells me is you have limited ability for critical rationale thought of your own, and have an innate need to be told what to believe by someone.
          One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• Parody is still dead

His campaign says questioning the presidential candidate's health "is hilarious... given his competition".
            One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• Worms
              Blah

Comment

• Originally posted by Dauphin View Post

All this tells me is you have limited ability for critical rationale thought of your own, and have an innate need to be told what to believe by someone.
                and yours is unlimited... but it tells me I made a mistake trusting the Democrats and the government. Aren't all needs innate?

Comment

• A new study coming from researchers at CU Boulder, reveals that precipitation, not temperature, will keep the Colorado River fuller than previous research told us. - CBS

They're predicting a wetter 2-3 decades in the SW

but the temperature is related to rain, water evaporates faster when its warmer​

Comment

• -Jrabbit
                    -Jrabbit commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Odd choice for the Politics Thread thread...

• global warming is political, this shows one of the benefits

hopefully... the American SW didn't fare well at the end of the Medieval warm period

Comment

• Global warming is a fact... SOME PEOPLE want to make it political.
                    But I guess you are a denier and don't believe in it.
                    Keep on Civin'

Comment

Working...
                    X