Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are You A Person of Faith?

Whatever you want to call it.
    A particular denomination or spiritual ?

Whatever.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

No
    Indifference is Bliss

Comment

I believe there is something bigger. I have no idea what that is. The views/possible concepts I do have hold no practical implications and I reject all organised religion that claims to have answers.
      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

I'm Gnostic, but a different breed, if you will.

While most Gnostics see Samael the Demiurge as the enemy... I worship him. Gnostics are misguided fools, but they are actually correct in their deductions of the way things work. They would probably view me as insane or evil.

Ironic in a way.

Order of the Fly
        Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Yes.
          No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Yes
            "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

no. in fact i was thinking of starting a drunkjn thread tnoght. but this will do. partly cause i dont wanmt to mess with ming. i know i aint easy but he aint no ming. now,.. the thread. no, god does not pay your taxes. god does not die for you in war. and when the sh!t hits the fan. - you say GOD! but does it make a difference. god damn.! ming - bw good or god will deal with you.

Comment

Yes.

My history is SDA, which is fundamentalist/evangelical. I am no longer fundamentalist.
                My wife is non-denominational pentecostal. We have occasionally attended Assembly of God churches.
                I attended an ELCA college, and we attended an ELCA church occasionally in 2019-2020.

Currently we are attending an SDA church because my wife has scheduled activities Sunday morning, but I would probably choose ELCA (or similar) if I was able to.

JM
                Jon Miller-
                I AM.CANADIAN
                GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Hebrews 11:1
                  Now Faith is the assurance of things hoped for,
                  the evidence of things not seen.
                  1 Corinthians 13:13
                  Three things remain forever. Faith, Hope and Love;
                  but the greatest of these is Love.

Everything begins with Faith.
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                  "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                  He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Well, yeah, the answer does depend on how you define faith.
                    Indifference is Bliss

Comment

No

however God is your own people and your country and in this regard yes,

Don't know how to descrtibe it. I look at an icon, is like I look at my mother, my nation myu people. Do I believe in them? Yes. Are they God? Yes (or they scream God exists)

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                      Hebrews 11:1

1 Corinthians 13:13

I know a girl from corinth

Comment

I look at the ascetic icons and feel there is a reason why and that we are all interconnected in love

I hope serb doesn't say I'm gay

I'm joking

he knows exactly what I talk about

Comment

No, with the caveat that I have a vague hope that we are in a historical simulation or something which was created to rescue our minds.That's the only convincing justification for a benevolent "creator" to allow the suffering that goes on in this world that I know about.
                          "

Comment

• PLATO
                            PLATO commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Alas, you are but a battery in the machine.

• EPW
                            EPW commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Better than being a slave to a 2000 year old Jewish fan fiction.

Yes.

I have decided to baptise myself in 2013, when I was 36, so pretty adult.

Comment

Originally posted by Bereta_Eder View Post
                            I look at the ascetic icons and feel there is a reason why and that we are all interconnected in love

I hope serb doesn't say I'm gay

I'm joking

he knows exactly what I talk about
                            But you are a gay!

however God is your own people and your country and in this regard yes,
                            Not even a close!

Your people and your country could become a gay in 1,2,3!
                            Does it means God does so?

You have gave birth to the Orthodox Christianity, then it fuked-up and been enslaved for centuries.

p.s. And since you are no longer Christians, you support the Nazi Anti-Christ forces in Ukraine (where the have banned the largest Christisan Church and and confiscate Christian
                            Churches and monasteries!

Comment

Working...
                            X