No announcement yet.

Prediction Thread: When Will Ukraine Conquer Russia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That while Ukraine is chewing through its best units and equipment in a strategic backwater, Russian gains are accelerating across the strategically critical Donbas front...

Ukraine has failed to get Russia to divert its forces from those critical areas and has only exacerbated the rapidity in which they're falling. As I said would happen in the beginning...
    Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

• At the current pace, how many years will Russia need to get the rest of the Donbas?
      Blah

Comment

• Originally posted by MOBIUS View Post
        That while Ukraine is chewing through its best units and equipment in a strategic backwater, Russian gains are accelerating across the strategically critical Donbas front...

Ukraine has failed to get Russia to divert its forces from those critical areas and has only exacerbated the rapidity in which they're falling. As I said would happen in the beginning...
        Do you have actual evidence for all of this, or is it mroe 'trust me bro' and 'blindingly obvious'.
        Indifference is Bliss

Comment

• Russia is advancing in the Donbas, but so is Ukraine in Russia. When everyone is advancing, noone is advancing.
          #myownresearch

Nah, but Putin's gains in the last regional elections in Germany are a notable success...
          Blah

Comment

• Originally posted by N35t0r View Post

Do you have actual evidence for all of this, or is it mroe 'trust me bro' and 'blindingly obvious'.
            It's called basic map reading skills...

The Ukrainians have captured land in a sparsely populated backwater of a backwater region, while jeopardising and degrading their best units and equipment...

Meanwhile, the Russians have been making accelerated gains in a relatively built up and industrialised, strategically significant portion of the Donbas - one of their key strategic goals...

But hey... 🙄🤷‍♂️

Comment

• pchang
              pchang commented
              Editing a comment
              Amazing how troop losses and troop quality can be read from your maps.

The Ukrainians have captured land in a sparsely populated backwater of a backwater region, while jeopardising and degrading their best units and equipment...

Meanwhile, the Russians have been making accelerated gains in a relatively built up and industrialised, strategically significant portion of the Donbas - one of their key strategic goals...

But hey... 🙄🤷‍♂️
            I would also add that politically it lets Putin use his conscripts against Ukraine without the need for the politically toxic groundwork of legally allowing such use. it's already permitted under Russian law within Russia itself. However, the presence of Ukrainian military occupying any part of pre-conflict Russia may be so politically damaging to Putin along with the fallout of using (legally or not) the conscripts in a war he may be perceived as responsible for that Putin may be brought back to negotiating. That is probably what Ukraine was gambling on.

It's also true that the Russian salient pointing towards Pokrovsk doesn't have any serious natural barriers to protect it and Russia will not realize the strategic benefit of the advances in that area until it captures at least enough of Pokrovsk to deny its functionality as a logistical hub for Ukraine. Perhaps Ukraine is preparing a devastating counterattack? I think the time to call Ukraine's Kursk offensive foolish is not yet ripe. We'll have to see what Russia actually has when their offensive culminates or at least wait until they have decisively denied Pokrovsk as a hub for Ukrainian operations.

Comment

• I'm pretty certain public opinion in Russia has strengthened in support of the war since the Ukrainian invasion...

People are surprisingly contrary - I mean, half your country wants to vote for Trump đź…

Comment

• We don't know what public opinion on the war in Russia is as it has been criminalized to speak out against Putin's war of aggression.
                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• BTW Mobius, you might be an insane lunatic but you should still join CG's discord.
                  Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Sometimes, it's worthwhile to see what the other side is saying.

No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

But hey... 🙄🤷‍♂️
                      Lies! Russia does not have any backwater regions
                      Blah

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                        BTW Mobius, you might be an insane lunatic but you should still join CG's discord.
                        I've been on the CG Discord site since they moved across 🙄🤷‍♂️

Comment

• In early 2024, Vladimir Putin declared that Russia needed a new “national project” aimed at “preserving the health” of the country’s citizens. Lawmakers got to work, and just a few month later, they unveiled an initiative with the catchy name “New Health Preservation Technologies.” One of its priorities is to combat aging — an idea that’s long interested Russian officials, most of whom are far from spring chickens. The authorities forecast that the overall project will “save 175,000 lives” by 2030, and they’ve pushed forward with it even amid the full-scale war in Ukraine, in which tens of thousands of Russians have been killed. Meduza teamed up with RFE/RL’s Russian investigative unit Systema to find out who got Putin thinking about immortality, how his longtime friends the Kovalchuk brothers are involved, and what organ printing has to do with any of this.

IIRC DS9 had an episode about anti-aging
                          Blah

Comment

• Originally posted by BeBMan View Post
                            https://meduza.io/en/feature/2024/09...o-live-forever

IIRC DS9 had an episode about anti-aging
                            Perhaps Putin is aware of individual(s) whose mortality and age may soon catch up with them who are so vital to the well-being of the Russian Federation that it would collapse without them! This would make the aging process an existential enemy to the federation! A national project to combat it may be the only hope for the future viability of Russia!
                            Last edited by Geronimo; September 5, 2024, 13:03. Reason: maybe not so many individuals really...

Comment

• Originally posted by Geronimo View Post

I would also add that politically it lets Putin use his conscripts against Ukraine without the need for the politically toxic groundwork of legally allowing such use. it's already permitted under Russian law within Russia itself. However, the presence of Ukrainian military occupying any part of pre-conflict Russia may be so politically damaging to Putin along with the fallout of using (legally or not) the conscripts in a war he may be perceived as responsible for that Putin may be brought back to negotiating. That is probably what Ukraine was gambling on.

It's also true that the Russian salient pointing towards Pokrovsk doesn't have any serious natural barriers to protect it and Russia will not realize the strategic benefit of the advances in that area until it captures at least enough of Pokrovsk to deny its functionality as a logistical hub for Ukraine. Perhaps Ukraine is preparing a devastating counterattack? I think the time to call Ukraine's Kursk offensive foolish is not yet ripe. We'll have to see what Russia actually has when their offensive culminates or at least wait until they have decisively denied Pokrovsk as a hub for Ukrainian operations.
                              There were already conscripts captured by Ukraine in Kursk, and it led to Russia actually agreeing to a POW swap directly with Ukraine (previous ones were negotiated by Turkey)
                              Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Working...
                              X