I can't fly my Freak Flag anymore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

-We should design a Freak Flag...
    AC2- the most active SMAC(X) community on the web.
    JKStudio - Masks and other Art

No pasarán

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil View Post

Did society get to you as well? Hassled by The Man?
      Ironically, I actually had business reasons to grow my hair out. My corporate gig evolved into working with musicians, sound engineers, and others in the entertainment world. I found I was much more welcome in touring production offices if I ditched my tie (a lesson I learned by having one forcibly chopped off backstage by crew members of the band 38 Special). It was a perfect excuse, and my boss approved of my commitment to the "artist relations" role. In short order, and somewhat to the chagrin of various friends and family, it became a trademark that I kept for about 15 years or so, even after advancing beyond field work and into management.

After advancing to Director level and following a couple regime changes at the company, I was let go in a 2005 re-org. I cut off the pony (about 15 inches in length) in anticipation of job interviews. No regrets.

I've considered growing it back, but probably won't.
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Very cool.

I'm so relieved you didn't say wife or gf.
        "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
        "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• -Jrabbit
          -Jrabbit commented
          Editing a comment
          No problem there (although Ms. Rabbit is not a fan of growing it back).
          Actually, the ponytail gave me a lot of "cool dad" cred among my daughter's friends. (Plus, I could get them into the occasional Spice Girls concert...)

I've heasrd so many BS about my ponytail.
        "He doesn't cut it because it represents his soul"
        "Like samson he would lose his strength"

etc etc

truth is I thought it made me look less bald on the front

Comment

How does hair in the back make it look like you have more hair in the front?
          “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

He can tell people that he didn't lose his hair - It just migrated.
            "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
            "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

That's one option, the other was obviously that when you have long hair and pul them back, it covers your head.

Comment

which isn't the case as an experienced barber revealed. you can get haircuts that cover stuff up and noone is the wiser aexcept you who actually know the unerving truth

Comment

You are thinking like Trump.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                    X