Passing of Lancer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passing of Lancer

Zkribbler posted on CFC that Lancer passed from covid a couple weeks ago.

​​​​​​​Sorry to hear of your passing Lancer. Rest easy. My best wishes for the family.

This is very sad news. Rest in peace Lancer. My condolences to the family.
    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Terrible, news.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I liked Lancer's practice of typing the "****" rather than let the auto censor do it. He'd be sure to point out that he wasn't using profanity.

"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
        "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

After probably over a decade* away from this site (and Civ in general), I came here today on a whim. Trying to recall some of the people with whom I used to interact, Lancer was the first name that came to mind. How strange that my first search for an old friend here should end so quickly and with such finality.

Rest in peace, Lance. You were an original and the world is certainly worse for its loss of you.

--- --- --- --- ---
          * Wow, apparently my last actual log-in was almost TWO decades ago: https://apolyton.net/member/3326-bcr3/activities
          Last edited by BenCaesarR3; February 16, 2022, 12:24. Reason: correction

Comment

Very sad news indeed. RIP, Lancer.
            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Rest in peace, Lancer
              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

You were one of a kind Lancer...
                RIP
                Keep on Civin'
                RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Even though a polar opposite I remember him fondly.

He was talking about his stationing in east berlin and how at any moment the soviets could come down and attack them (they feared) and that after something like that, there isn't a lot to be afraid of in the world. I told him that east berlin was a heaven and west berlin a drug infused wasteland and he said he regretted what some epople choe to do with their freedom.
                  When he understood that there was no way he could sway me to his POV, he simply siad (I remember it): you're a stubborn guy, (set in your ways of thinking), those are the best guys. Even what I was saying, he very much disagreed with

RIP

Comment

I didn't know he was Cavlancer at cfc

Comment

Sorry to hear that. Even though last time we clashed over politics I liked his sense of humour.

RIP.
                      Blah

Comment

RIP

Comment

Originally posted by Dale View Post
                          Zkribbler posted on CFC that Lancer passed from covid a couple weeks ago.

Sorry to hear of your passing Lancer. Rest easy. My best wishes for the family.
                          I didn't know. I hope his family is well and that he did not suffer. He posted here for 20 years so it is sad to see him go. How is his wife? It must be extremely difficult for her to lose her husband.
                          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

When I was in Iraq Lancer sent me a very nice care package. He was a good guy.
                            Last edited by Dinner; February 19, 2022, 02:42.
                            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

RIP. He was a good 'un.
                              When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Working...
                              X