X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Geronimo View Post
    Who else here did COVID get?
    That was more of a general “we” than a Poly “we”
    "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

I didn't know this. I feel like I met him at Apolycon '06. For some reason I think I recall him being on the roster as attending. Jon Miller might know if this was the case. RIP Lancer.
      Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
      1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Zkribbler also just passed away. He had a stroke. He had been struggling with an infection. Typhoon Odette and the resulting power outage, long lines, etc for the last few months probably played a part too.
        Last edited by Aeson; May 18, 2022, 03:10.

Comment

It feels like there should be an "In Memorium" sub in the Seniors/Old Timer's Forum, where we can share some stories and moments. I know everyone deals with death and grief in different ways. I've lost many people, including both parents at a relatively early age and my 99 year old grandmother just recently. I'm more of an Irish wake "let's celebrate the hell out of this person and buy their favorite dessert every year on their birthday" kind of guy. I certainly avoid dwelling and feeling ****ty about the hole it feels like has been left in my life...but...well...there are times I also like to reflect on them.
          Life and death is a grave matter;
          all things pass quickly away.
          Each of you must be completely alert;
          never neglectful, never indulgent.

Comment

Sorry to hear about Zkribbler. This means Aeson is the only one left in our Philippines contingent.
            “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson View Post
              Zkribbler also just passed away. He had a stroke. He had been struggling with cancer. Typhoon Odette and the resulting power outage, long lines, etc for the last few months probably played a part too.
              RIP Zkribbler
              Blah

Comment

RIP Zkribbler

And I like the idea of an In Memoriam-Thread in the Oldtimers sub
                Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

RIP Zkribbler
                  "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Comment

I like the idea of a Memoriam-Thread, but it should be in the OTF. That way, if an oldie is checking in, they will be able to view it.
                      If it's in the old fart sub, they might not see it.
                      Keep on Civin'
                      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post
                        RIP Zkribbler

And I like the idea of an In Memoriam-Thread in the Oldtimers sub
                        What is the concept of the old-timers sub? I see that it is invite only

Comment

Well that's terrible news. RIP Lancer. (and Pekka, and rah). Too many gone too soon.

edit. And Zkribbler too. FFS.
                          Last edited by Agathon; May 17, 2022, 22:33.
                          Only feebs vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Geronimo View Post

What is the concept of the old-timers sub? I see that it is invite only
                            A reason why it should be in the OT
                            Keep on Civin'
                            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                            X