No announcement yet.

Irksome Phrases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"The truth is..." , wait, does that mean everything else you said was a lie?
    There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• Egbert
      Egbert commented
      Editing a comment
      To be quite frank with you ........

• Uncle Sparky
      Uncle Sparky commented
      Editing a comment
      Half an hour into a press conference today, the Canadian Leader of the Opposition answered a question starting with, "Let me be honest for a moment..."

• Wezil
      Wezil commented
      Editing a comment
      We've played a toking game with CNN before. You have it on in the background while you hang out and anytime a host or guest says "game changer" everyone takes a hit.

"Don't stress"

Comment

"Calm down"

Why do people say that when somebody is upset given that is almost guaranteed to annoy them?

Comment

"literally" when they mean "figuratively"
        Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
        I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

• N35t0r
          N35t0r commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes! I hate this trend! It's literally killing me.

"Mark my words"

Usually spoken by an older male in the process of being wrong.
        "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
        "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

"This historic occasion" is quite the sort of thing a politician says when attending a pointless ceremony.

Comment

"Your call is important to us"
            "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
            "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

"Doing my own research" = watching youtube vids and following fringe media to confirm my prejudices.
              Blah

Comment

Follow the science = believe the nonsense I am telling you without question

Comment

Science isn't about blind belief.
                  Blah

Comment

• Egbert
                    Egbert commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Pseudoscience is often peddled as science
                Working...
                X