Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYT retracts fake story about officer's death after capital riot.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A wonderful summary.

Insisting on factual accuracy does not make one an apologist for the protesters. False reporting is never justified, especially to inflate threat and fear levels.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• I saw video of a scuffle during which a fire extinguisher was thrown into a small group of men. I dont know if Sicknick was one of the men in the scuffle or if that incident became the story about Sicknick being hit.

Comment

• Hmm, I am not sure. All the reports are there never was any video of it happening despite cameras being every where. Eve tally the lack of video evidence was explained because the whole thing was a made up lie created be Democrat operatives and spoon feed to a media which were all to happy to run with lies and who didn't bother to do any fact checking at all.

Comment

• -Jrabbit
          -Jrabbit commented
          Editing a comment
          There was definitely audio about a fire extinguisher being thrown in the radio chatter from Capitol cops calling for help. The audio was introduced into evidence at the impeachment trial.

• Dinner
          Dinner commented
          Editing a comment
          You seem to be grasping at straws because even the NYT admits it never happened. That Dems used this lie in the lame second impeachment even though it was fully known to be a lie the whole time... Well, it shows how desperate they were to lie, doesn't it?

• -Jrabbit
          -Jrabbit commented
          Editing a comment
          Dude, I heard the audio. Clearly, you did not. Just trying to be helpful here. The cop was on radio, calling for help, and his only agenda was describing how they were being attacked and overrun. The fact that you can't respond without a personal attack pretty much shows that you are the one grasping at straws.

• somebody definitely got hit, but right before that another cop was shoved from behind over the barricade. I hope they nail that guy, that was a cheap shot too.

I cant zoom in with enough focus to see the impact on a head and it looks like the cops were helmeted. I'm sure the cops who were targeted would have reported the incident to clear up any confusion about who got hit. They could be mum publicly while looking for their suspect or Sicknick was somewhere else.

Comment

• it looks like the guy who got hit had his back to the extinguisher because he was helping the cop who had just been shoved over the barricade. Judging by the deflection maybe it hit him in the upper back or top of the helmet, I dont know what kind of blows can result in stroke later. A little chunk of plaque or clot can be dislodged from just about anywhere in the body and take a few hours or days to reach the brain.
          Last edited by Berzerker; February 25, 2021, 15:32.

Comment

• Family has repeatedly said he was not hit, only some pepper spray from fellow cops, theNYT and all other supposed news outlets have retracted the story as untrue because it was untrue the whole time.

Comment

• if I got hit I'd remember and so would the guys next to me

unless I was hit hard enough

Comment

• There is no evidence of blunt trauma.
                I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• but there is evidence of a cop being hit with a thrown fire extinguisher

even if that wasn't Sicknick who got hit it does explain how the story started and evolved, people saw it happen, people saw the video, a cop later died of a stroke = Sicknick was killed by a rioter

Comment

• I don't think so because they are still pushing the narrative. They haven't released the autopsy.
                    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Working...
                    X