Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYT retracts fake story about officer's death after capital riot.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glen Greenwald is a leftist but he seems one of the few who still understand the dangers of government over reach and the danger that possess to our civil liberties. You will notice he puts the figure of who entered the capital at a few hundred (specifically up to six or seven hundred at most, I suspect the number was much smaller) and that not a single person brandished a firearm. Thus why calling a riot an "insurrection" is just a lie designed to manipulate gullible people using propaganda.

Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I think you missed the part where they BROKE INTO THE CAPITOL WHILE CONGRESS WAS IN SESSION WHILE CHANTING 'HANG PENCE' 'HANG PENCE' AND MANY OTHER VILE THINGS. But you do you.
      "

Comment

Riots are bad, do you understand that? Riots are not insurrection though and people chant all sorts of stupid things. The propaganda and hyperbole around the riot are all massively disproportionate to the evidence of what actually occurred though. Glen Greenwald is right, allowing the patriot act to be extended to domestic people inside the US is devastating to everyone's civil liberties and it is being justified, largely, based upon lies. I am going to agree with Benjamin Franklin here that those who would trade liberty for security deserve neither and will lose both.

Comment

Just because they are fat embarrassing incompetent insurrectionists doesn't mean they aren't insurrectionists.
          "

Comment

Insane hyper partisans like you are the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
              Insane hyper partisans like you are the problem.

https://youtu.be/2wobaAa0mG8
              My position is bipartisan bro. (Re:mitch mcconnell, Mitt Romney etc) You're the one dancing with the crackpots.
              "

Comment

Riots are bad, do you understand that? Riots are not insurrection though and people chant all sorts of stupid things. The propaganda and hyperbole around the riot are all massively disproportionate to the evidence of what actually occurred though. Glen Greenwald is right, allowing the patriot act to be extended to domestic people inside the US is devastating to everyone's civil liberties and it is being justified, largely, based upon lies. I am going to agree with Benjamin Franklin here that those who would trade liberty for security deserve neither and will lose both.
                Some people will never feel content with the reality of consequences and punishment.

Fortunately, in the American system, the mechanism of "Usual" is defined by the US Constitution.

"Usually" . . . laws are explicitly defined in code of law. "Usual" laws mean laws that are written down

because in America, it would be unusual to have a discussion about law and rights without written documents, crafted by a legislature, enforced by an executive branch, reviewing by judicial process . . .

Cruelty is a social contract.

Comment

Originally posted by EPW View Post
                  Just because they are fat embarrassing incompetent insurrectionists doesn't mean they aren't insurrectionists.

embarrassing incompetent insurrectionists need not be fat. Some of them may be quite slender.

Comment

Saying it was "only a riot, not an insurrection" does not actually make it OK. And the government has been tracking US citizens since the Patriot Act's signing, probably earlier. I'm not sure what point you're trying to make, Oerdin, but trying to turn the assault on the US Capitol into some kind of civil liberties discussion is a goofy form of deflection IMHO.

In related news: The U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of Columbia announced that a grand jury had indicted six more people for “conspiring to obstruct the United States Congress’s certification of the result of the 2020 U.S. Presidential Election, among other charges.” They join three others already charged for trying to “corruptly obstruct, influence, or impede an official proceeding."
                    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

No, ****. Thus why I repeatedly said it was bad and that they should be charged with any individual act you can convict an individual for committing. Please do try to read what people wrote. Also try to respond to what they actually wrote.

While you are at it if you are unclear what the civil life entries debate is maybe actually bother to watch the Glen Greenwald video I helpfully linked to.

Comment

Let me get this straight. The government faked a murder so that they could impeach a man that is no longer in office and JR is still on about people breaking windows in the Capitol? Sounds about right.
                        I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                        - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by EPW View Post
                          I think you missed the part where they BROKE INTO THE CAPITOL WHILE CONGRESS WAS IN SESSION WHILE CHANTING 'HANG PENCE' 'HANG PENCE' AND MANY OTHER VILE THINGS. But you do you.
                          Someone should have told you that saying "Hang Mike Pence" isn't an insurrection. Oh wait, Dinner did. You just stilled failed.

Comment

Glen Greenwald is a leftist but he seems one of the few who still understand the dangers of government over reach and the danger that possess to our civil liberties. You will notice he puts the figure of who entered the capital at a few hundred (specifically up to six or seven hundred at most, I suspect the number was much smaller) and that not a single person brandished a firearm. Thus why calling a riot an "insurrection" is just a lie designed to manipulate gullible people using propaganda.

https://youtu.be/j4sQXnIF4Y4
                            James Lindsay is a liberal that voted for Trump. There's a lot of people like that now. What do you call them, "leftists?" The leftists are the authoritarian, so why would you call actual liberals "leftists?"

Comment

Yo NAZI. GFY.
                              "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

...I would like that post at least once more if I could ...
                                AC2- the most active SMAC(X) community on the web.
                                JKStudio - Masks and other Art

No pasarán

Comment

Working...
                                X