Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYT retracts fake story about officer's death after capital riot.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NYT retracts fake story about officer's death after capital riot.

If you do not like the source than you can always follow the links in the article to the NYT's own retraction. Bottom line: No one ever hit the officer with a fire extinguisher, he died several hours later of a stroke though they are studying if maybe the pepper spray used by his fellow officers might have some how contributed. NYT retracts the story but now admits it got it from unnamed "officials" not from police sources as the author originally claimed. In short it was completely made up by Democrats as a lie and then NYT not only ran with it without any evidence nor bothering to check the facts on their own but the NYTs even lied to the public about what the source of their fake news story.

https://www.breitbart.com/the-media/...guisher-fable/

Notice how they waited until after the lame partisan impeachment failed to correct the record? Notice how they released in late night on a weekend when few people would notice it? That is how propaganda is done people.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

At least they retracted it. Unlike Trump who is still sprouting his propaganda that he won the election.
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

From NYT:

"Though law enforcement officials initially said Officer Sicknick was struck with a fire extinguisher, police sources and investigators are at odds over whether he was hit. Medical experts have said he did not die of blunt force trauma, according to one law enforcement official."

In short, the officer was never hit in the head with anything,, there is no evidence for that,, the officer never told anyone he was hit in the head by anything even though SOP requires all injuries to be immediately reported,, the officer did complain about twice getting pepper sprayed but that was sprayed by his fellow officers.. He died of a stroke many hours later and there is no sign of head trauma on his body.

Democrats and the lying NYT's literally fabricated this entire fake story. They also waited until after the partisan impeachment failed to retract their fake story.
      Last edited by Dinner; February 16, 2021, 00:49.

Comment

Originally posted by Ming View Post
        At least they retracted it. Unlike Trump who is still sprouting his propaganda that he won the election.
        That is true. That said the NYT did get caught lying, out and out lying, about the origin of the source. The author kept claiming it came from law enforcement when in truth it literally was made up lies from Democrat politicians. You don't get to pretend you are a journalist when you lie about your sources to the public and fail to do any checks for evidence at all.

Comment

Maybe they are stating to take lessons from the NY Post
          Keep on Civin'
          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

That should be investigated.

Comment

Police officer probably ate too many donuts and clogged his arteries.

Comment

You will notice this was written 13 days before the retraction yet NYT decided to continue their lie until after the impeachment fisasco had sputtered out.:

‐----------

"According to one law enforcement official, medical examiners did not find signs that the officer sustained any blunt force trauma, so investigators believe that early reports that he was fatally struck by a fire extinguisher are not true.

One possibility being considered by investigators is that Sicknick became ill after interacting with a chemical irritant like pepper spray or bear spray that was deployed in the crowd. But investigators reviewing video of the officer's time around the Capitol haven't been able to confirm that in tape that has been recovered so far, the official said.

The case could also be complicated if Sicknick had a preexisting medical condition. It could not be learned if he did."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn...ges/index.html

The source is CNN on that one.

Comment

BTW for some odd reason officials are still refusing to release the autopsy report even though it was completed more than a month ago. Gee, I wonder why? Who would have a motive to suppress the facts in order to keep their partisan lies going?

Comment

Eh, if he died of tear gas that's still 100% on the rioters.

Anyways, this is obviously in the 'not a big deal' category unless you're a conspiracy theorist. What do you really think happened Dinner? Nancy Pelosi snuck poison into his soda in order to gain political points for a week?
                    "

Comment

We need to find out if he had a pre-existing condition such as hyper tension and if he was medicated for that or not. People have heart attacks and strokes every day especially middle aged guys like him. It is possible the pepper spray could have complicated something but I doubt such conjecture can be proven based upon the evidence. More than likely he stroked out on his own many hours later. Hell, three of the protesters also had heart attacks or strokes as well.

The only person who actually died from violence (or even had to be seen by a doctor due to violence) was the lady who got shot by a cop. :shrug:

Comment

• EPW
                        EPW commented
                        Editing a comment
                        violence as you define it to fit your narrative.

• Dinner
                        Dinner commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Nope, I am using actual dictionary standard definitions. I know that is not popular among certain groups but I still believe that is the best practice.

If the stress of the situation killed him that's still the fault of the "protestors"(seriously Dinner?) even if it can't be proven legally.
                      "

Comment

Dinner, don't you ever step back and think: "Hey, my posts and rhetoric are becoming more and more like Kid's and other crazy people's rantings . Maybe I should stop and rethink things before it's too late, even if it's embarrassing to admit that I am wrong."?
                        "

Comment

I make a distinction between the vast majority who simply protested peacefully out side and the few dozen who rioted and entered the building. You should as well. Frankly, many people on the edge of medical emergencies are going to get sick and the question is what will be the immediate cause even if the wider cause (namely decades of bad diet and lack of activity) is mostly to blame.

Comment

• -Jrabbit
                            -Jrabbit commented
                            Editing a comment
                            "A few dozen" rioted? Please. If you're going to start a thread about the evils of deliberately lying, that it not a good look.

• Dinner
                            Dinner commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Exactly 75 people out of tens of thousands were arrested for entering the building. Yes, that is a few dozen.

I don't think anybody here mixes up the 2 kinds of people (i.e. those who peacefully protested outside and the mob that stormed the Capitol)
                          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Dinner
                            Dinner commented
                            Editing a comment
                            A "mob" of 75 people?

• Proteus_MST
                            Proteus_MST commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Actually yes ... read Gustave lle Bon, the father of mass psychology.
                            The main distinction that divides a "mob" from a normal crowd is not its size, but its lawless and agitated bahavior.

That clearly fits to the people who entered the Capitol.
                        Working...
                        X