No announcement yet.

Smilies & Forum Graphics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You think a pig is a good representation for JM? I disagree. Again, these should be light hearted and not insulting. Mean spirited personal insults should be deleted no matter who you are trying to target.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Why a Mexican Texas?

;trump This one still seems like a veiled insult.

Is this named after a poster who doesn't post here or the mythological character from Ireland? The face and hair do not look like the Irish mythological character so I am going to guess you recycled this from another website about someone who doesn't even post here.

The Panda one and the Albert Speer ones seem light hearted and pretty good.. same with the Asher one.

Not sure who Buno is or how it relates to Poly.

Heresson likes frogs, true, not so sure about smoking weed though.

Comment

Check the hovertexts on those - especially in the menu under More Smilies »

I'm not being really serious, as it's a test or I couldn't morally justify taking initiative. I don't expect everything to stand up to scrutiny - codes, hovertexts, the .gifs themselves are all subject to change, according to the membership's wishes and the owner's call. I'm certainly not leaving my handle on the section name, 'cause fun's what it's about, not me showing off.

I AM intending to create a SMACX category and put all 14 leaderhead smilies in - and, you know, this is a gaming site; we ought to add a civ6 and find something to put in there...

Thank you for the serious feedback, and apology for the silly answers previous.
        AC2- the most active SMAC(X) community on the web.
        JKStudio - Masks and other Art

No pasarán

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
          Why a Mexican Texas?

;trump This one still seems like a veiled insult.

Is this named after a poster who doesn't post here or the mythological character from Ireland? The face and hair do not look like the Irish mythological character so I am going to guess you recycled this from another website about someone who doesn't even post here.

The Panda one and the Albert Speer ones seem light hearted and pretty good.. same with the Asher one.

Not sure who Buno is or how it relates to Poly.

Heresson likes frogs, true, not so sure about smoking weed though.
          In order:

Someone asked for it in my last smilie thread here. Sloww's a good sport, but we don't need it if he don't want it around

Yes it is. Not veiled.

It's Deirdre from SMACX. Doesn't matter who, though, not a people, just silly.

It's BU no. That's Ali C. and I don't expect it to survive.

Glad you like the panda -you would- but it probably needs funny hovertext. You get the spirit I want to work in... I sorta think the Asher is too vulgar, but that's up to you and Ming...

You may be right. I just added a weeping Kermit for him, too.

No pasarán

Comment

So who were you intending to insult with the pig emoji? You said it was an insult and not even a veiled one. We shouldn't be using smilies to insult our members just as a matter of principle.

Comment

[gently] Not a member anywhere we roam.

Meat, DO have a look at the hovertext and codes in the menu before you flag my posts and argue, okay?

No pasarán

Comment

Originally posted by BeBro View Post
                Hey the Hippie dancing 'round the tree aka hippybull is glorious.
                Thanks for saying so. I've moved her to the SMACX category, 'cause that's Deirdre dancing naked around the tree like they say in the game - but semicolon hippy is still the code, still works everywhere.

No pasarán

Comment

Pretty random upgrade for this mostly-outdated site. Nice, BU!
                  Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                  RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I want to thank Buster's Uncle for his efforts. I find many of the new ones amazing and funny.
                    I appreciate people who are willing to work on this site. New stuff is good.

If "multiple" members have a "problem" with some specific smile, or there is some legitimate outcry against one, it can always be removed.
                    It is to be expected that "somebody" won't like one or another, because you can't please everybody. If I agree with somebodies concerns, it will be toast.

But with that being said, I'm open to anything new.

Again, I appreciate the time and effort. So....
                    Thanks Buster's Uncle. Keep up the good work
                    Keep on Civin'
                    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Yeah; that's about how I was assuming/hoping you'd feel. This is FUN, and we want no harm in it.

I'm not married to many of these new ones, and everything is available to change, according to consensus; again, code, hovertext, the .gifs themselves -if you don't catch me too busy-. at the consensus of the members, or it just strikes right,

We should work up a civ6 set, and other games, too... We can start out in the finest tradition of this community, and members steal smilies from wherever...

No pasarán

Comment

I'm getting Civ 6 this week (probably) so I look forward to your Civ 6 set
                        Keep on Civin'
                        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

This is technically still a gaming site. We totally want to put the bells and whistles on the actual gaming, and not just me making funnies to amuse myself.

-I actually DO have a lot of lot of suitable 6 art from when we were promoting at release - avatars and game elements I used in the 6 theme.

Hey! Check out the 6 theme here! https://alphacentauri2.info/index.php?board=32.0 Bottom right sidebar to check other themes, 14, count 'em, 14 BeaUtiful themes by me. I think I spotted what they're calling the theme interface here these days. You know my price.

No pasarán

Comment

Two things about what's in place:

-Civ5 sux. I see zero reason not to knock the two categories together and call it just Civ V. Any dissent?

-And I'd bet cash money -and I'm a practicing miser- there ain't no Christmas smilies we can get at w/o talking Solver into doing something something server. I barely got him to come fix the attachment problem and my access.

SO - community picks the ten smilies it wants christmased most, and I'll hook you up. -We need to do it now, because I don't control whether I'm in the mood in November - and whether Ming corrects my horrible negative attitude and Staff Room ****-talking for good before then.
                            Last edited by Buster Crabbe's Uncle; February 3, 2021, 20:44.

No pasarán

Comment

What would a Nine Heads of Ming look like? A hydra?

No pasarán

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                                Pretty random upgrade for this mostly-outdated site. Nice, BU!
                                Thanks.

We CAN update this site. Most of the power is in the hands of the membership, not needing extra buttons. Post in on-topic. Go to just a LITTLE extra trouble. A post a week in, say, Civ6, from several members would make all the difference in lurkers getting involved, and then we might get a whole new set of OT suckers to get tired of in coming years...

---

Working on xmas smilies - I just copied the first ten on top and am adding hats this morning. Y'all get your requests in on anything standard past ...

No pasarán

Comment

Working...
                                X