What's to like about Trump?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's to like about Trump?

When I was serving in Germany the US was paying 6% for the military, the Germans 3%. Some of their bars refused service to us. Germans tended to look down at us, really not much class. They were...Germanic bastards. Using the US for their defense. Since then I watched presidents come and go, all dutifully marching off to NATO, who excepting the former East Bloc countries were pretty much all doing the same, to get wined and dined and get a dose of their fancy culture. They would make speeches praising NATO...pathetic. Every damn pres. Trump went in there, shoved the jerks out of the way and told them off like they needed to be told off for decades. Pulling out troops... These days Germany can't seem to pay 1.5% for their defense. Eight under strength brigades. Pathetic. Poland has 4 full strength divisions. That's right, Poland could take Germany. I wish they would, everyone would be laughing too hard to care.

Please don't bother saying 'The good thing about him is he's leaving'. That's too easy.

I find the left can't say anything positive about the other side. Lets see...
    Long time member @ Apolyton
    Civilization player since the dawn of time

Originally posted by Lancer View Post
    I find the left can't say anything positive about the other side. Lets see...
    Gee... similar to how the right can't say anything good about Biden or Kamala, even accusing them of being puppets or other such nonsense...

But to your point, I think Trump did a good job of removing some of the BS regulations hampering businesses...
    Yet on the other hand, his attack on environment regulations is a total disgrace and is just another way he is killing Americans

Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

he's fired

Comment

Biden I'd say is a centrist Dem who I hope stands up for himself and the country, and democracies everywhere, should he get elected. Got hope for him...mostly for his good health and survival in the job. Kind of concerned Harris and Pelosi will oust him for dementia using the 25th.
        Long time member @ Apolyton
        Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

I hear Trump's a good golfer
          Blah

Comment

Nah... like everything he does, he cheats
            Keep on Civin'

Comment

• Berzerker
              Berzerker commented
              Editing a comment
              and he drives golf carts on greens

Originally posted by Lancer View Post
            Biden I'd say is a centrist Dem who I hope stands up for himself and the country, and democracies everywhere, should he get elected. Got hope for him...mostly for his good health and survival in the job. Kind of concerned Harris and Pelosi will oust him for dementia using the 25th.
            If they don't punch left they aren't centrists. He won't stand up to them even one time. Only the Republicans will stand up against both of them.
            I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
            - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post

If they don't punch left they aren't centrists. He won't stand up to them even one time. Only the Republicans will stand up against both of them.
              HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA

His stances on many issues are contrary to what the left wing of the party wants.
              But keep posting what your alt right sites spoon feed you.
              Keep on Civin'

Comment

Originally posted by Ming View Post

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA

His stances on many issues are contrary to what the left wing of the party wants.
                But keep posting what your alt right sites spoon feed you.
                It's not a stance until he actually stands. But dream on.

Comment

So again, now you are a mind reader.
                  But go ahead and live in your fantasy world where Biden is a Puppet of the left, and will do whatever they instruct...
                  He has stood up against the far left ideas already, so you wild ass claims that he won't are just that, your opinion.
                  Keep on Civin'

Comment

Originally posted by Ming View Post
                    So again, now you are a mind reader.
                    But go ahead and live in your fantasy world where Biden is a Puppet of the left, and will do whatever they instruct...
                    He has stood up against the far left ideas already, so you wild ass claims that he won't are just that, your opinion.
                    Having an opinion is not claiming to read minds. But it's true, because Biden doesn't give a damn about anything but money.

Comment

• -Jrabbit
                      -Jrabbit commented
                      Editing a comment
                      You continually seem to type "Biden" when perfectly describing "Trump." Pretty amusing.

Sometimes pulling the bandaid off is what is best. The problem is that Trump has shown himself to be incompetent, at best, at so many other issues, that I have a hard time believing that he made the right choice there. Note that I consider alliances to be very important, and to keep future wars from breaking out. NATO is important. By referring to 'pulling the bandaid off', I am referring to Afghanistan.

He convinced Israel and some other countries that the best time to announce that they no longer were enemies was now. That is useful.

While the tax cut for the rich was bad, I think that fiscal stimulus during his president (mostly the tax cut for the middle class) actually did some good in boosting the economy to the point where minorities started making gains again. We should balance our economy, but also remember that gains first go to the rich/upper middle class and that the economy has to be really pushed for the gains to go to the disadvantaged.

I think he honestly looked to make peace with North Korea, which was good, even if he was incompetent and unsuccessful. I think it possible that North Korea tries to sign something with Trump before he goes out of office.

He has allowed us to see ourselves better. It isn't just that there are 10-30 million racists/white nationalists and 30-50 million single issue or R or whatever voters, as I had thought. 10 million who didn't normally come out to vote got a good look at Trump and said 'I want more of that'. And despite everything, the 30-50 million single issue/R/etc voters would not change. That is eye opening.

JM
                    (To be clear, I don't think that just pulling out of Afghanistan is good. But it might be.)
                    Jon Miller-
                    I AM.CANADIAN
                    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Oh, and I think he legitimately didn't want to go to war. While his incompetence almost got us into war with Iran, he had members of his administration (who were more mainstream Republican) who were really pushing it, I think, and he didn't give in/wasn't maneuvered to the point of going to war.

JM
                      Jon Miller-
                      I AM.CANADIAN
                      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• Uncle Sparky
                        Uncle Sparky commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Considering who is meeting right now in the middle east, I wouldn't be surprised if the US (or proxy) takes a parting shot at Iran.

He's a chubby, so I bet he'll be popular in prison.
                      There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

His bad behavior exposed the ugly side of America to Americans and forced them to confront it

He stress tested the election system so we can defend it from a bad actor that actually has brains
                        We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Working...
                        X