No announcement yet.

Flippin ostrogoths

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you explain why barbarians were able to destroy Rome?
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

That is a valid question and the answer is very simple.

Sheer numbers and stink. Unbelievable stink.

Also Rome made some mistakes too that Byzantium didn't make and actually tried to help her unlike what happened afterwards...

But it was the sheer numbers of an uncivilized barbarian horde that destroyed civilization

Comment

In that part of the world that is. Byzantium (a derogatory french term that came back to bite them in the ass) was rich stable and powerful and actually reclaimed the western bit for a bit

Comment

It gets even funnier when the german barbarians tried to forge their one "roman empire"

haaaaaaaaaaahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaa

like dressing a pig in fine silk

Comment

Originally posted by Bereta_Eder View Post
            That is a valid question and the answer is very simple.

Sheer numbers and stink. Unbelievable stink.

Also Rome made some mistakes too that Byzantium didn't make and actually tried to help her unlike what happened afterwards...

But it was the sheer numbers of an uncivilized barbarian horde that destroyed civilization
            I was asking you what mistake Rome made but you didn't say. And I'm pretty sure Romans were used to stink.

Comment

They didn't stink they were civilized.

The german bruts were a nomad army. Have you ever seen showers in a nomadic army? They stank. Stinking poopers. They only carry meat and sausages with them like the mongols. They should have stayed there close.

I did reply though. I think Rome made some mistakes but in the end it wouldn't have matter because the sheer numbers of the illegals was too high. There was nothing to be done.

But if you want to know, and taking as an example what Byzantium in justapostiction did, the mistake Rome did was to have mercy.

In a couple of instances she was able to wipe out tens of thousands of the barbarians and they simply went home instead of finishing the job like Byzantium did.

Comment

Originally posted by Bereta_Eder View Post
                They didn't stink they were civilized.

The german bruts were a nomad army. Have you ever seen showers in a nomadic army? They stank. Stinking poopers. They only carry meat and sausages with them like the mongols. They should have stayed there close.

I did reply though. I think Rome made some mistakes but in the end it wouldn't have matter because the sheer numbers of the illegals was too high. There was nothing to be done.

But if you want to know, and taking as an example what Byzantium in justapostiction did, the mistake Rome did was to have mercy.

In a couple of instances she was able to wipe out tens of thousands of the barbarians and they simply went home instead of finishing the job like Byzantium did.
                Um.... No. They didn't have mercy. They got their butt kicked. They tried to defeat the barbarians on their territory but they got messed up.

The Roman army was totally demoralized.

Comment

Working...
                X