Who would make a good president?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who would make a good president?

Who would make a good president. I'm not sure but I think it would need to be someone with the following...

#1 they should be true “heads of state“ representing the culture and values of their country to the world. making speeches, attending ceremonial functions and meeting world leaders.

#2 they should have extensive prior congressional experience and a good appreciation for the limits (both ways) of presidential power.

#3 they should be able to fairly/and be trusted to appoint Supreme Court justices.

#4 someone who could be a good commander-in-chief of the military. as is the case with politics how to define "good job" here depends on your foreign policy goals and priorities.

#5 someone who has a good set of cabinet officials around them.

#6 they should believe what they say and stand firm.

ha! that sure does not sound like trump.

but there must be someone who fills the above. Someone out of all the millions in the US. who would make a good president?!

The thing is that on-paper candidates often don't work for various reasons, often relating to where the base of the party is and charisma. Look at Inslee or Kasich.

JM
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

They have to love their country and the common people, that work and fight wars if necessary.

Out of recent presidents I would say Carter, Reagan, and Trump meet that qualification. Obama hates Americans, most Democrats do.

They also can't be crooks.
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

So, why do you support Trump?
        "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

Originally posted by dannubis View Post
          So, why do you support Trump?
          Because I'm conservative anti-extremist. I want my country to return to God and lead the stand against the CCP.
          I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
          - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
            Obama hates Americans, most Democrats do.
            As usual, just more made up nonsense from Kid.
            Keep offering up all the BS spoon fed to you by Alt Right sites.

Keep on Civin'
            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Jimmy Carter only served one term. And he's in the same age bracket as your two main candidates.
              There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

me... here's my platform:

1) end our wars
                2) end the drug war
                3) single payer option for people who cant afford health insurance
                4) pizza for dinner

Comment

• Uncle Sparky
                  Uncle Sparky commented
                  Editing a comment
                  What is your stand on pineapple on pizza?

• dannubis
                  dannubis commented
                  Editing a comment
                  you forgot 5 and foremost : 5) **** brown people

I'd volunteer to golf for the American people all day, but the deep state wouldn't accept me!
                Blah

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Sparky View Post
                  Jimmy Carter only served one term. And he's in the same age bracket as your two main candidates.

If only he could serve a second term, from 2021.

Carter for president.

Comment

Working...
                  X