"hate has no home here"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "hate has no home here"

when public institutions push this message, they are making a claim, a denial, that institutional racism exists in their community

a false claim, every where,

"hate has no home here" when part of civic messaging, artificially inflates home prices by making the claim that there is a lack of institutional racism

(and in personal practice by a generalized "you"/ego)

beyond that, "I'm not personally racist" when institutional racism still exists in your community

and you are a PR effort denying it

that's awful
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Some dumbass on their marketing team suggested it and no one challenged them because they didn't want to look racist.

Comment

• Egbert
      Egbert commented
      Editing a comment
      I would like to thank giblets for this fine poast that has improved this thrade.

Probably.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Egbert
      Egbert commented
      Editing a comment
      Oerdin is right.

This reminds me of corporations who say their mantra is "People are our greatest asset". Such companies all too often treat their staff like disposable commodities from whom every drop is to be extracted at the minimum cost and then sack them to save two cents.

Comment

• Egbert
      Egbert commented
      Editing a comment
      Working for a big corporation is the best way to feel dispensable.

• -Jrabbit
      -Jrabbit commented
      Editing a comment
      Well, that's the whole point - that people are just "assets" and will be treated as property.
      Apparently phrasing it nicely is sufficient to allow them to say it out loud.

• Egbert
      Egbert commented
      Editing a comment
      Once upon a time I, and several dozen other people, was working as a casual for one Australia's largest corporation. In December, they asked us to commit to working to the end of January. They fired us all, and some others, on 3rd January with the statutory minimum of four hours notice.
Working...
X