Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

President Trump may send federal agents to other cities run by incompetent Ds.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From a respected news source...
    The Wall Street Journal

Portland Mayor Tear-Gassed Amid Protests Over Federal Agents
    Alejandro Lazo 4 hrs ago
    PORTLAND—Mayor Ted Wheeler joined protesters here on the front lines Wednesday night and was tear-gassed with the crowd, days after criticizing the Trump administration’s deployment of federal agents.
    Videos and photographs of Mr. Wheeler posted on social media showed him wearing goggles and a surgical mask and coughing amid a cloud of gas.
    Earlier Wednesday evening, Mr. Wheeler had navigated through a large crowd of protesters who were at times openly hostile toward him, shouting vulgarities and calling on him to resign. Then after climbing the steps of the Multnomah County Justice Center, Mr. Wheeler was handed a microphone by activists and addressed the crowd directly via a loudspeaker.
    "The reason I am here tonight is to stand with you,” Mr. Wheeler told the crowd, who booed him at times during his speech. “So if they’re launching the tear gas against you, they’re launching the tear gas against me.”
    But Portland activists have been critical of the mayor, who is also the city’s police commissioner, arguing the Portland Police Bureau has also been heavy-handed toward protesters.
    The city has been in the national spotlight this week given the clashes between federal agents and protesters. Unlike in other cities, the protests here following the killing of George Floyd by Minneapolis police on May 25 have continued unabated and have often grown destructive, drawing the ire of President Trump. The president sent federal agents here July 1, a move that reinvigorated nightly demonstrations.
    Mr. Wheeler on Monday joined other big city mayors to denounce the tactics of federal agents. The Trump administration meanwhile has defended the legality of its presence in Portland.
    The Department of Homeland Security didn’t immediately respond to an email Thursday morning requesting comment regarding the use of tear gas in Mr. Wheeler’s presence.
    The incident occurred after Mr. Wheeler had descended the justice center’s steps, navigated through the throng and joined protesters at the Mark O. Hatfield United States Courthouse, which along with the county justice center has been the target of vandalism and spray paint.
    Before the mayor joined those in front of the federal building, the crowd had thrown bags of trash and other items over a perimeter protecting it, and then shot fireworks at the building, setting small fires.
    Videos of the mayor showed him near the perimeter when tear gas was deployed and then later leaving the protest altogether, entering a nearby building as his security team scuffled with a few protesters.

Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

That's actually misleading and horrible reporting. They don't even report the law that justifies the federal government protecting its property, which has been given to them. They just say Trump claims that they can do it.

And there are many other reasons why it's horrible.
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
        That's actually misleading and horrible reporting. They don't even report the law that justifies the federal government protecting its property, which has been given to them. They just say Trump claims that they can do it.

And there are many other reasons why it's horrible.
        That's really funny coming from somebody who just posts misleading headlines and other crap from nutjob right wing propaganda sites...

Keep on Civin'

Comment

Originally posted by Ming View Post

That's really funny coming from somebody who just posts misleading headlines and other crap from nutjob right wing propaganda sites...
          According to you they nutjob if they don't call Antifa protesters.

Comment

"hard to breathe, and I can tell you with 100 percent honesty I saw nothing that provoked this response,” Mayor Ted Wheeler said in a video shot by a reporter.

The Democrat, who said it was the first time he’d been gassed, coughed and drank water as he put on a pair of goggles someone handed him while surrounded by a phalanx of journalists.

Meanwhile, rioters ignited a large blaze in the space between a nearby fence and the Mark O. Hatfield Federal Courthouse — accidentally setting ablaze one of their comrades — as federal agents continued firing tear gas and stun grenades into the frenzied crowd.

“It’s nasty stuff, I’m not afraid but I am pissed off,” Wheeler said. “This is an egregious overreaction on the part of the federal officers. There was nothing that I saw anybody do that warranted this reaction.”

It wasn’t immediately clear if the federal officers were aware the mayor was in the crowd when they used the tear gas.

“As you can see, all it’s done is piss everybody off. It’s made everybody angry. They’ve come in and they kicked the hornet’s nest. This is not a de-escalation strategy. This is flat-out urban warfare and it’s being brought on the people of this country by the president of the United States,” the Democratic mayor continued.

“This is a threat to our democracy,” added the mayor, who arrived about 9 p.m. Wednesday to chants of “F— Ted Wheeler!” and “Do your job!”

Camouflage-clad agents from the Department of Homeland Security and other federal agencies were deployed to the city last week to protect federal monuments and buildings after nearly two months of demonstrations over police brutality and racism."

NY Post

Comment

• Kidlicious
              Kidlicious commented
              Editing a comment
              Beginning of that....
              "After being tear-gassed when he joined a crowd protesting police brutality, the mayor of Portland said he “saw nothing that provoked this response” — even as rioters set a federal courthouse ablaze.

“I’m not gonna lie, it stings, it’s"

Split video shows Antifa lighting fires while Wheeler tells reporters that feds weren't justified in tear gassing him.

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post

According to you they nutjob if they don't call Antifa protesters.
              As usual... please quote me where I said any such thing... Oh, that's right... you can't.
              A typical response from you, just made up BS

Keep on Civin'

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                Andy Ngo is a provocateur journalist and a right-wing troll. He proudly admits it. But even he doesn't call this ragtag group "Antifa." Of course, he doesn't call them "protesters" either. He prefers to call them "rioters."

For a more journalistic view of Portland, I recommend Sergio Olmos. https://twitter.com/MrOlmos
                Andy Ngo is not a provocateur by any stretch of the imagination. I have no idea where you are getting your disinformation because his coverage has been absolutely top notch. Sure, the violent Antifa rioters dislike him because he exposes their tactics and films their violent attacks but he definitely should be part of someone’s sources on this topic.

He has video after video of Antifa violently attacking and trying to provoke a police response (for instance by using arson to burn buildings) then crying and playing pretend victim when full legal police responses are used. I noticed at your link the guy seems extremely pro-Antifa terrorists as he only posts edited pro-Antifa videos of police responses without ever showing how Antifa attacks and starts all of those confrontations.
                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

They dress up like black block and film.

Comment

Thanks to the efforts of the ACLU, Federal agents have been BLOCKED from arresting AMERICAN CITIZENS

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/po...ts/ar-BB177PIa

Department of Justice Inspector General is also investigating Department of Homeland Security for abuse

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/jus...and-d-n1234748

This lame attempt at fascism to order a private army around has FAILED.

Traitors against the Union will be restored to the rule of law no matter how much they want to go around it.

Last edited by Ted Striker; July 24, 2020, 03:17.
                    We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	MV5BZGI0NzFiM2QtYmJjNy00NmVhLWFhNjctZDg1ODE1OGNiM2I4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMDc2NTEzMw@@._V1_SX1490_CR0,0,1490,999_AL_.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	333.0 KB
ID:	9393495
                      We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Name:	MV5BOTRmOTk5MTUtYzI1Yy00ZDNkLThjMjQtOWJmZTljMjAzZjA5L2ltYWdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjUwNzk3NDc@._V1_.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	128.0 KB
ID:	9393497

Comment

Name:	MV5BNDc3YmM0ODItYjMwMi00ODVjLWIxNTktYzU3MjkzOGU0OWYwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTI3MDk3MzQ@._V1_.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	174.6 KB
ID:	9393499

Comment

Name:	tuskegee-airmen-p-40.jpg?itok=6fucS6x1.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	86.5 KB
ID:	9393501

Comment

More TRUE patriots

I know it's gonna take Chuck Norris and Delta Force to bring such a THREATENING group down ! /s

Name:	wall-of-moms.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	448.0 KB
ID:	9393618

Comment

Working...
                              X