No announcement yet.

pchang - disgusting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Facts and ethics agree with me. You and your imagined racist, speciesist god are wrong.

Most pandemics have occurred because of our exploitation of animals. A great deal of environmental damage has occurred due to our consumption of animal products.

Human biology is generally agnostic. In most cases a healthy or unhealthy diet is possible regardless of whether or not animal products are consumed.

Comment

Basically all dairy is bad for the environment and is at best so-so for health and that is the best of the terrestrial standard animal products. I think sustainable fishing might be the best (as far as environment and healthy diet is concerned). Currently the world is not doing sustainable fishing.

JM
      (I Think honey is the absolute best, but that is an edge case)
      Jon Miller-
      I AM.CANADIAN
      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Honey is destructive as well. The selection of bee species for honey has left thousands of other species endangered, and combined with climate change many of them are headed to extinction. This will have ripple effects through ecosystems, further damaging plant species and the food web.

The bees species selected present the same problems as any monoculture. We are one disease away from devastation of much of our agriculture. Colony collapse is like a warning shot we are ignoring. The real deal could be similar to what happened to the Gros Michel banana, only across every bee pollinated crop.

Shipping hives and honey extraction are stressful to the bees of course, and leaves the hives weaker than they otherwise would be. Again, more susceptible to disease/collapse.

Comment

save the bees, save the trees, save the whales, save those snails

Comment

Working...
          X