Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does Neville Chamberlain get all the blame?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was a common problem in his time
    Blah

Comment

Originally posted by Dauphin View Post
      Joe Chamberlain was his dad. He was a bit of an imperialist who wanted to model British policy on Bismarckian Germany. He was anti-French and pro-Germany. If Joe was in charge, he may have got on well with Hitler and agreed to more of a carve up.
      Now that really is a very good point!

Joe (Chamberlain) and Adolph could start by carving up France. Germany can have Alsace and Lorraine (again) and England can get back all their territory in France and the family can have the French crown.

Joe and Adolph could then carve up Poland giving nothing to that other Joe (Stalin).

They could go halves in Operation Barbarossa and carve up Russia.

Those rebellious Americans could be brought back into the fold and frank deposed as President. Burn the white House down again.

Names really are important!

Comment

Neville Neville is the best though - both of his sons played for Manchester United and England.
        One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Dauphin View Post
          Nobody ever blames the French Prime Minister.
          Daladier is the one blamed for the Munich agreement in the french speaking world.
          In fact, being francophone, I heard of Daladier long before I heard of Chamberlain. I was - and still am - very surprised that the anglophone world blame Chamberlain as Daladier was the ideal easy french target.
          The books that the world calls immoral are the books that show the world its own shame. Oscar Wilde.

Comment

I assume because the UK establishment needed a scape goat of its own. J'aime Berlin was the easy target.

I doubt the isolationist US cared much, and so the UK set the narrative.
            One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Side note. You guys all already probably know this, but the French DID attack Germany (Saar Offensive) while most of their troops and almost all of their airforce were busy in Poland.

The Poles were expecting the French to relieve them by pressuring Germany, but for whatever reason, the French didn't press the attack, even though they had overwhelming numbers and much better equipment.
              We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Working...
              X