No announcement yet.

Dinner!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

except if taxis in NYC/Jersey City don't cost 2 burmese rubies per ride as in europe

Comment

So far to do list

empire state building
      time square
      ellis island
      statue of liberty
      madison square garden (NBA game)
      Broadway (phantom of the opera maybe)
      central park (just walking around, smiling and taking pics)
      rock away beach ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79S5k1pgWZU )
      world trade center
      socrates sculture park (no frecking idea what that is but I HAVE to visit, you udnerstand)
      pizza - to determine place
      jazz bar - to determine place

Comment

Masapequa Long Island?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbAyj1h9vI0

Comment

Originally posted by Bereta_Eder View Post
          When that guy first appeared I thought it was old footage of John Lennon.
          No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
            Hell, the last three times I flew to NYC I flew into Jersey City because flights are cheaper than in NYC.
            Wait.

Jersey City, or Newark?

Comment

It is nice but you will be way up town from most of the tourist stuff. Jersey City is pretty ghetto but if you stay near the river the hotel district is nice and you can just take the PATH Train into Manhattan. The hotel fees are much cheaper in Jersey City too.

On the downside... You are in New Jersey and the place closes up by 9pm.
              Except for all the great New Jersey Diners, (mostly) open 24 hours, serve everything on the menu (and they have EVERYTHING on the menu) all hours of the day (I have ordered eggs benedict at 5 in the evening and veal parmigiana at 6 in the morning!), and are (mostly) run by Greeks.

Comment

...oh yeah, and they serve booze, too.

Mostly.

Comment

One of my favorite diners, which I've been going to (when in NJ) since it opened in Bloomfield NJ in 1981.

Be sure to check out the main menu!

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Monk View Post

When that guy first appeared I thought it was old footage of John Lennon.
                    He is definitely trying very deliberately to invoke that similarity.
                    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Wait.

Jersey City, or Newark?
                      I forget. Was it Newark?

Comment

One of my favorite diners, which I've been going to (when in NJ) since it opened in Bloomfield NJ in 1981.

Be sure to check out the main menu!
                        Dude, I am hitting that place up next time I am in that area. WRT Eggs Benedict, I love Eggs Benedict, it is one of my favorites, BUT, it is also something rarely made fresh. They will often make the sauce half a week to a week ahead of time and just reheat it when someone orders it especially if they just don’t sell that much of it. It is too complicated to make fresh each time thus I am picky about where I order it. I want it to be fresh so I seek out places which sell A LOT of it so I know they are constantly making fresh sauce.

Comment

I forget. Was it Newark?
                          Has to be, Jersey City doesn't have an airport -- not a major commercial one, anyway.

Comment

I liked it the last time I ordered it, but it's been ten years or more since I ordered it there. My breakfast go-tos there are the Monte Cristo (eastern seaboard style), and the Nova Scotia omelet.

Comment

Thanks guys! I'll check the place out if I'm in jersey. The menu looks... interesting

There are 3 airports "nearby". Newark (near Jersey) LaGuardia (forget where) and JFK in long Island.
                              The cheap flights from european capitals seem to be in JFK.
                              We're talking outrageously cheap but also there are wild fluctuations of prices. Ranging from 2 thousand euros to 300 euros. Depends on day and on number of transit points. Although that's not absolut. You can get cheaper prices for one transit and more expensive with 2. Direct flights are expensive and are done by a two or three airlines only.

A matter that has recently risen is temperature. New York seems... cold in winter.
                              I also made a mistake and checked the temp of a place called new york which was not in new york but in minesota near the canadian borders and it said minus 22 celcius and I said.. whhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

But it was not new york (the city)

(it was so funny/terrifying)
                              Last edited by Bereta_Eder; December 9, 2019, 12:45.

Comment

I liked it the last time I ordered it, but it's been ten years or more since I ordered it there. My breakfast go-tos there are the Monte Cristo (eastern seaboard style), and the Nova Scotia omelet.
                                I had to google what a Nova Scotland omelet is but I think I be on the look out for it. I had a Monte Cristo two years ago or so and it was a bit too sweet for me with all the powdered sugar but it is definitely one people need to check off their bucket list.

Comment

Working...
                                X