Mom 2 possibly in the works.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mom 2 possibly in the works.

Hat tip to Blake on the Bunclesite. I know nothing about this developer and don't play games anymore, but yay anyhow.
    1011 1100
    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

I really used to like that game. The only problem with it was the bugs that caused it to crash on the hardest difficulty level. I thought the spells and their effects were quite imaginative.
    “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Oh, it was bugtastic. Glitches everywhere, some of them quite bizarre. Still fun.
      1011 1100

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
        https://www.slitherine.com/news/slit...agic-franchise

Hat tip to Blake on the Bunclesite. I know nothing about this developer and don't play games anymore, but yay anyhow.
        As in me? I have been posting about it in many places haha. No idea what Bunclesite is though lol

I did mention it here at Poly but it was in my MoM HD fan remake thread.. probably should have made a new thread but oh well.. you've taken care of it haha.

Comment

Now you've got me pondering installing a DOS emulator.This is the first time in years I've been tempted to fire up a game. DAMN YOU!

Comment

I do look forward to all the ur MoM jokes if a sequel comes to fruitiion ...

Comment

BUnclesite meaning the site run by BUncle--ie, alphacentauri2. This is fairly old news by now, I realize, but it flew under my radar until the other day.
              1011 1100

Comment

I am unsure if MOM2 will hit me like the original just because my state of my is different. I very rarely play games, and in some sense Civilization is the likeliest if I am not doing a Roguelike. MOM was in a good place that didn't get reached by HOMM or AOW, maybe I would be interested.

JM
                (Still hoping to play with my daughters, maybe someday soon?)
                Jon Miller-
                I AM.CANADIAN
                GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

A 1994 game is getting a sequel in 2020? Do any of the kiddies even know about the original?
                  Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

No, but the beauty of it is, games aren't just for kiddies anymore. We're all frickin' geezers here, hanging around a video game site.
                    1011 1100

Comment

And in general, geezers have more money than kiddies.
                      “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

If anyone wants to post wishlist items I'll copy them over to a huge wishlist thread on the Slitherine forums.

Comment

could you please contain pchang as he may have the coronovirus

Comment

• pchang
                            pchang commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I cough in your general direction, racist scum.

Originally posted by Blake00 View Post
                          If anyone wants to post wishlist items I'll copy them over to a huge wishlist thread on the Slitherine forums.
                          I think part of what made MoM interesting was the magic of the magic system. This wasn't something that was observed as much in a AoW or HOMM, but is something that is observed in MtG (or DnD 2/3?). I think a key part of this is to make it so that magic is imbalanced and that there are a lot of cool possible spells, which are not all accessible in any given game.

The same with other treasures and artifacts and so on.

JM
                          Jon Miller-
                          I AM.CANADIAN
                          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Thanks Jim! I've copied it across.

Forgot to say that as well as posting other peoples wish lists & suggestions I of course also gave them a copy of my own personal wish list below:

• BIG ONE - More than 4 enemy players. Implode's MoM HD Multiplayer Remake allowed EVERY wizard in one game for super 14 player games which would have bee EPIC and so much fun had he finished the project.
                            • Larger maps (Insectiside fan patch added huge map size to the original)
                            • Limited Spying (most fantasy rpgs have thieves/rogues so it fits and stealing spells would be fun)
                            • Time limit and bigger cost on time stop (if you're planning on having that annoying spell again)
                            • Demand or give cities in Diplomacy (most 4x games have this now and I like using it to play god/peacekeep and save bullied Civs and minor factions from deaths door)
                            • Expand Grey Neutral Faction into lots of minor factions with identities and race affiliations (eg a minor Elven race with a minor elf wizard that likes Elven main civs and makes trouble for others.. this is another thing done in modern 4x fantasy and space games)
                            • More worlds and/or an underground world (although this has already been done before in AoW, HoMM & Warlock series)
                            • More ocean content eg HoMM series filled oceans with shipwreck lairs and treasures (even Morrowind had underwater caves filled with creatures and treasure so this is not new to fantasy games). You could even have a Merfolk faction with cities in the ocean. The fun Fantasy and Midgard scenarios for Civilization 2 Test of Time had a good underwater Merfolk faction with lots of sea based units/creatures.
                            • Not essential but some cool weather effects would be a fun immersion factor (especially as you can tie spells into them for gameplay events such as huge storms and earthquakes etc). The Official Playstation remake of Master of Magic has clouds rolling over and some cool weather effects from spells. The new Civ6 addon Gathering Storm is another good example of world changing weather effects.
                            • Talk to Seravy, he's da man on all things MoM and the creator of the super popular MoM overhaul mod Caster of Magic
                            Last edited by Blake00; January 29, 2020, 06:30.

Comment

Working...
                            X