Blackface is absolutely racist and there is no excuse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blackface is absolutely racist and there is no excuse

There is a history here, ingrained in the culture, which people are stupid to not be aware of. But at the same time we know all about it for that very fact, that it is part of our culture.

We seem to be at a point where both the right and the left want to say it's no big deal. Trust me. Black people don't feel that way, and never will.

I'm posting this not to be racist but to expose racism. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KepuReULyJI
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

I think we've gotten to the point where both the right and the left finally agree that it's a big deal. Even the right now apologies when they get caught, not just the left.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Is this about the Canadian PM? I have no idea if blackface is part of Canada's history.

Comment

Yeah, all day the number of times he did it seemed to go up. And so did the apologies.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

It's a good thing there aren't "orange" people, or our president would be in so much trouble!

Comment

Originally posted by giblets View Post
            Is this about the Canadian PM? I have no idea if blackface is part of Canada's history.
            He knew that it's racist. Yes, all Canadians know that.

Comment

Jimmy Kimmel impersonating Karl Malone twenty years ago

Amazing what was acceptable only twenty years ago and now is considered racist.

Comment

To some extent comedians can be racist for a joke, but that's too far.

Comment

I guess one of the videos of Trudeau is especially racist.

Comment

Originally posted by giblets View Post
                    Jimmy Kimmel impersonating Karl Malone twenty years ago

Amazing what was acceptable only twenty years ago and now is considered racist.
                    Honestly, yes, that was comedy and that type of comedy should be allowed.
                    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Robert Downey jr wore black face for Tropic Thunder

I dont have much of a problem with black face, it depends on the context. Jimmy Kimmel couldn't very well portray Karl Malone without it, but the skit wasn't about race, it was about Karl Malone. Its up to black people if they're offended, I seriously doubt many people saw Jimmy Kimmel and got mad. But I grew up in big liberal cities for the most part that were ethnically very diverse and not driven by the dynamic of slavery and Jim Crow so racism wasn't one sided like it was in other areas.

Comment

Originally posted by Berzerker View Post
                        Robert Downey jr wore black face for Tropic Thunder

I dont have much of a problem with black face, it depends on the context. Jimmy Kimmel couldn't very well portray Karl Malone without it, but the skit wasn't about race, it was about Karl Malone. Its up to black people if they're offended, I seriously doubt many people saw Jimmy Kimmel and got mad. But I grew up in big liberal cities for the most part that were ethnically very diverse and not driven by the dynamic of slavery and Jim Crow so racism wasn't one sided like it was in other areas.
                        If it's historically racist then it's still racist. It always will be. It's not up to "black people." There's always going to be black people that have different opinions and for different reasons. The issue is that the white person doing black face knows that it's racist just like everyone knows that saying the N word is racist. Sure you can say it in certain context; but other than that it's always racist. And if you say it then you know what you are doing.

Comment

You just carved out an exception for a racial slur, why not for Jimmy Kimmel dressed up as Karl Malone? I think Trudeau was Aladdin, would it be racist for someone to use black paint with an assassin or navy seal costume? Can people still paint their faces with other colors? But no shades of brown I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by Berzerker View Post
                            You just carved out an exception for a racial slur, why not for Jimmy Kimmel dressed up as Karl Malone? I think Trudeau was Aladdin, would it be racist for someone to use black paint with an assassin or navy seal costume? Can people still paint their faces with other colors? But no shades of brown I suppose.
                            Kimmel was acting unsophisticated and using bad grammar. And I've never seen a black Aladdin. Plus there is a worse video of him doing blackface.

Comment

Kimmel was playing Karl Malone, if you're mimicking someone trying to adopt their mannerisms goes with the territory. I saw him do that, it wasn't really funny because how many people know Karl Malone. I knew he played basketball for Utah but never saw him interviewed.

Comment

Working...
                              X