No announcement yet.

Blackface is absolutely racist and there is no excuse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you want to put on blackface and make fun of a black person's grammar and make him look stupid you are going to get into a lot of trouble unless you are a famous comedian or Trudeau. Even Rosanne went down. I still don't think she knew that she was black, but she's an Obama person so no one cared.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

I understood Barr's joke, the woman she was talking about had a haircut that resembled the female lead in the planet of the apes. And I believe her when she said she didn't even know the woman was black. Wtf is her name? She looks mixed with several possible influences, but the joke was about her hairstyle. Blackface will get certain people in trouble, others not so much. We dont need to guess why. But we all have our biases, I like comedians and free speech and will defend them even when they cross a line because the alternative world of conformity doesn't appeal to me. Hey, I grew up on George Carlin.

Comment

Originally posted by Berzerker View Post
        I understood Barr's joke, the woman she was talking about had a haircut that resembled the female lead in the planet of the apes. And I believe her when she said she didn't even know the woman was black. Wtf is her name? She looks mixed with several possible influences, but the joke was about her hairstyle. Blackface will get certain people in trouble, others not so much. We dont need to guess why. But we all have our biases, I like comedians and free speech and will defend them even when they cross a line because the alternative world of conformity doesn't appeal to me. Hey, I grew up on George Carlin.
        George Carlin didn't have to do blackface. I don't think it's funny, but hey, I'm pretty much with you on letting people tell jokes that they want. And if you think they are funny them I'm going to think it's racist. No offense. I have friends that think that's funny and I think they are racist. I just tell them how I feel about it.

And that's all I'm doing here, preaching. I'm not trying to shove my beliefs down your throat.
        I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
        - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Working...
        X