Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why the Left fails at progress and just about everything.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sure
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

I would be more inclined to believe that if you weren't in favor of abortion for population control.

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
        I would be more inclined to believe that if you weren't - MORE TOTALLY MADE UP CRAP FROM KIDIOT
        FIFY

Keep on Civin'
        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Why rely on facts when you can just make up stuff.
          Why think when you can just regurgitate fox news and other trump ass licking services.
          Kidiot 2019
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Marianne Williamson said that the Left is mean and lie. She's kind of all over the place but still.

Comment

It's not just marijuana legalization. It's how the left does it. No one could f it up like them.

While the country has plowed ahead with marijuana legalization, less attention has been paid to potential downsides of the weed market. Randall said legalization has brought with it high-potency dope: The average joint in Colorado, she says, now contains 20 milligrams of THC, 10 times as much as the average joint at Woodstock. Concentrated products, sometimes called "shatter," can be up to 99 percent THC.

"My fellow physicians don't understand, they don't understand the potency that we're dealing with in Colorado at this point," Randall said. "The potency has dramatically increased."

Randall has seen a "marked increase in medical problems" at the emergency room she works at in Pueblo, Colo. She's experienced increased admissions for cannabis-related nausea and cardiac issues. Dr. Randall is likely not alone. One recent study found a three-fold increase in marijuana-related admissions in the aftermath of legalization.

At the same time many patients use legal marijuana heavily under the misguided impression that it has medical benefits, according to Dr. Randall. She cited one patient who used marijuana to treat his brain cancer—unsurprisingly, without success.

"Patients routinely use a gram a day, five grams a day," she said. "Why? It's okay, it's legal, it's healthy, the industry has said it will cure all kinds of diseases."

The Colorado state government is also working to perpetuate this belief. Randall cited the state's recent decision to add Autism Spectrum Disorder to the list of conditions eligible for treatment with medical marijuana, which specifically permits the drug's use by minors. The Autism Science Foundation says there is "limited research, and no evidence, on the potential short-term, long-term or neurodevelopmental risks and benefits of medical marijuana or its related compounds in ASD."

There is, however, evidence that marijuana adversely affects developing brains. The U.S. surgeon generalwarned that chronic teen marijuana use negatively affects IQ, school performance, and is even linked to psychotic disorders including schizophrenia.

Randall said the state government has not only ignored scientific findings about marijuana's effects to push sales, but failed in the regulatory responsibility it promised would accompany legalization. The surgeon general's report noted that marijuana use during pregnancy is linked to "adverse outcomes, including lower birth weight." A recent studyof Colorado dispensaries found that 69 percent recommended women use marijuana anyway, with some actually discouraging mothers from telling their doctors about their drug use.

Randall pointed to other commonly cited effects of legalization, including a historic increase in homelessness and a growing population of chronic, marijuana-dependent users. All of these, she suggested, have gone unreported in spite of the toll they are taking on her community.

The glittering image of post-legalization Colorado—with billions in tax revenue and a happy populace—runs up against the uncomfortable reality of poor regulation and patients dangerously misguided about the risks and benefits of marijuana use.

"There are a whole host of us who are speaking out about it, and people need to start listening and looking to the future," Randall said. "This is going to be a crisis with potential long-term consequences that will far outpace the opioid crisis, with lasting damages and lasting injuries, as well as a significant cost to the public."

Comment

• Aeson
                Aeson commented
                Editing a comment
                Should be regulated better. Surgeon Generals warning on the product. Educational campaigns. Then you may see an actual decrease in use like what happened with cancer sticks.

But that only happens if it’s legal Federally. So do you agree it should be legalized Federally?

• Kidlicious
                Kidlicious commented
                Editing a comment
                I disagree that liberal governments should be promoting it as a "natural harmless" drug.

I'm kind of on the fence at this point. There's no telling what the feds would do. Why are state governments putting out dangerous and false information?

From October 2015 to May 2016, the Washington Free Beacon hired Fusion GPS to conduct opposition research on “multiple candidates” during the 2016 presidential election, including Donald Trump.
              RIGHT BIAS These media sources are moderately to strongly biased toward conservative causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may

The plot thickens

Comment

Not taking into a count the time value of money because it's capitalist ideology.

Comment

Linda Sarsour is an official campaigner for Bernie. When you lose it you lose it.

Comment

• I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
                    Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
                    Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

• Well in California there are empty apartments (and record homelessness) and the government is thinking about taxing owners for them.

Comment

• Planned Parenthood testified in court that they cut beating hearts out of "fetuses." Snopes is still calling in doctored videos and fake news.

Comment

• lol what is it some kind of ancient aztec ritual? kid you're so gullible

Comment

• When the Nazis first started to commit genocide against the Jews they used mass firing squad. It didn't work well and some people escaped. The escapees told people what they were doing but no one believed them. It's some kind of cognitive dissonance. Maybe that's what's wrong with you.

Comment

• There is something wrong with you if you think women getting abortions is like the Holocaust.

Comment

Working...
                              X