USA concentration camps.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USA concentration camps.

"A 16-year-old Guatemalan boy held in Yuma, Arizona, said he and others in his cell complained about the taste of the water and the food they were given. The Customs and Border Protection agents took the mats out of their cell in retaliation, forcing them tosleep on hard concrete.

A 15-year-old girl from Honduras described a large, bearded officer putting his hands inside her bra, pulling down her underwear and groping her as part of what was meant to be a routine pat-down in front of other immigrants and officers.

The girl said "she felt embarrassed as the officer was speaking in English to other officers and laughing" during the entire process, according to a report of her account."

Migrant children held in Yuma, Arizona, report sex assault and retaliation for protests in addition to unsanitary conditions and overcrowding.

"As Mariee became ill, first with a weeks-long cough, then a persistent fever, Juárez alleged that doctors refused to examine Mariee’s lungs more closely. She said she would wait in a line morning after morning for an appointment, only to be given Tylenol, Pedialyte and Vicks VapoRub, the latter which Juárez later found out isn’t safe to give to children younger than 2 years old.

She recalled how hot her daughter’s little body and head felt. One night, she said, the toddler wouldn’t wake up when her mother roused her for dinner. Still, Juárez wasn’t given an appointment for Mariee; she told New York Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez that at one point, her toddler was given a popsicle, with her mother told that it would help with the fever."

Splinter is your home for news and opinions that challenge power in our political and economic system that's becoming more unhinged each and every day.

"Children said they were given as many as 18 pills a day and often were not told what the medication was for...If the children refused the medications they would be punished or physically forced to take them, according to the lawsuit."

"Julio, a boy who was held at the Shiloh Treatment Center in Texas, which specializes in treating kids with behavioral or emotional problems, said he saw staff members hold another child down, pry his mouth open and force pills into his mouth. Julio said he was told that the only way to be released from the facility was to take the medication. Julio also said he was handcuffed, locked in a cell and pepper sprayed by staff members at Shiloh."

"Sometimes they give me forced injections," a girl named Rosa was quoted as saying in the lawsuit. "One or two staff members hold my arms and the nurse gives me an injection."

The Center for Human Rights and Constitutional Law said without proper oversight, there was a risk that the medications could be used as "chemical straight jackets."

"But many of the allegations in the filing date back to unaccompanied minors who crossed the southern border during the Obama administration, long before immigration officials began systematically separating migrant families."

The lawsuit alleges the government "routinely" places migrant children on psychotropic drugs without parental consent "in utter disregard of state laws."

"Border Patrol agents allegedly tried to shame a migrant by making him hold a sign reading 'I like men,' emails show"

US Customs and Border Patrol agents at a migrant processing center in Texas allegedly attempted to humiliate a Honduran migrant by making him hold a sign that read, “I like men,” according to emails written by an agent who witnessed the incident.

I'm against them.
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Migrant Detention Center Inspector Says Children Are Unwashed, Sobbing and Critically Ill

One six-year-old girl couldn't even recite her name, she only repeated "I'm scared" over and over again. Another young boy sobbed for an hour straight.

Elora Mukherjee, the director of Columbia Law School's Immigrants' Rights Clinic, recently interviewed 70 detained migrant children in Clint, Texas. They were so dirty they had a stench, she says, and was unable to be near them without feeling ill.

The lawyer testified to Congress on Friday, telling the House Committee on Oversight and Reform about the horrid conditions she saw while inspecting facilities that are a key part of the Trump administration's child separation policy.

Over the course of three days, Mukherjee said she witnessed inadequate bedding, clothing, and saw no hygiene tools like soap, toothbrushes and diapers.

"Never before have we learned of 700 children being detained in a facility built for 104 or 106 adults," Mukherjee said in her testimony. "Never before have we met with children detained in [Customs and Border Patrol] custody for a week, much less weeks and nearly a month. Never before have we had to directly intervene to get critically ill babies admitted to the hospital."

She said there were several occasions where her team had to intervene to get children fed because they were too scared to ask guards for food. Many children feared that their parents were dead or never returning.

Some children, she said, were too traumatized to even speak. One six-year-old girl couldn't even recite her name, she only repeated "I'm scared" over and over again. Another young boy sobbed for an hour straight.

"I spent nearly an hour with this child, first trying to interview him and then just letting him sit on my lap while I rubbed his back," she said. "He wept almost inconsolably for most of the time." Later, she told Congress, a guard came and attempted to bribe him with a lollipop so that he would return to his cell.

Mukherjee was part of a 10-person team sent to inspect conditions at the holding centers to make sure they complied with court-ordered standards that the camps be "safe and sanitary." The group was allowed to speak to detained children but they were denied free access or even tours of the facility.

"The extraordinary trauma inflicted on separated children is not an incidental byproduct of the administration's family separation policy — it is the very point," she said in her testimony. "The federal government seeks to inflict so much distress on children seeking asylum that other families would be deterred from trying to seek refuge in this country."

****ing monsters.

Comment

No shower for 23 days: U.S. citizen says conditions were so bad that he almost self-deported

Francisco Erwin Galicia, a Dallas-born U.S. citizen, spent 23 days in the custody of U.S. Customs and Border Protection in conditions that made him so desperate he almost opted to self-deport.

Galicia says he lost 26 pounds during that time in a South Texas immigrant detention center because officers didn’t provide him with enough food.

He said he wasn’t allowed to shower and his skin was dry and dirty.

He and 60 other men were crammed into an overcrowded holding area where they slept on the floor and were given only aluminum-foil blankets, he said. Some men had to sleep on the restroom area floor.

Ticks bit some of the men and some were very sick, Galicia said. But many were afraid to ask to go to the doctor because CBP officers told them their stay would start over if they did, he said.

“It was inhumane how they treated us. It got to the point where I was ready to sign a deportation paper just to not be suffering there anymore. I just needed to get out of there,” he said.

Galicia spoke to The Dallas Morning News on Wednesday, one day after he was released by federal officials who had earlier refused to acknowledge his citizenship when presented with his birth certificate.

CBP and Immigration and Customs Enforcement officials did not respond to Galicia's claims of poor conditions at the CBP holding facility. But the agencies issued a joint statement Wednesday evening addressing their decision to detain him. The explanation came two days after The News first broke the story of his detention and made repeated requests for comment to both agencies.

"Generally, situations including conflicting reports from the individual and multiple birth certificates can, and should, take more time to verify," the statement read. "While we continue to research the facts of the situation, this individual has been released from ICE custody. Both CBP and ICE are committed to the fair treatment of migrants in our custody and continue to take appropriate steps to verify all facts of this situation."

For most of the time Galicia was held by federal authorities, he said he lived under conditions that many asylum-seeking immigrants have reportedly faced over the past year, leading to much public outcry from politicians and public figures.

Galicia said he met people from all over: Nicaraguans, Hondurans, Salvadorans, Colombians.

“It’s one thing to see these conditions on TV and in the news. It’s another to go through them,” he said.

Galicia was released Tuesday afternoon from the ICE detention center in Pearsall where he’d been since Saturday. His release came less than 24 hours after The News first reported on his detention. Before Saturday, he’d been held for about three weeks at a CBP facility in Falfurrias, where he reported the squalid conditions.

Galicia’s ordeal began on June 27 when he and his younger brother Marlon Galicia and three friends set out for Ranger College in North Texas from Edinburg where the Galicia family lives.

They were heading to a soccer scouting event where the brothers, who both play defense for the Johnny Economedes High School soccer team, were hoping to land scholarships.

“We’re supposed to graduate from high school next year, and we wanted to do something to secure our education,” Francisco Galicia said.

But the boys had to pass through a CBP checkpoint in Falfurrias, about 50 miles north of Edinburg. It was there that CBP agents asked the group to pull over and asked the passengers their statuses.

Marlon Galicia and another passenger lacked legal status. Francisco Galicia told Border Patrol agents that he was a citizen and presented them with a Texas ID, Social Security card and a wallet-sized birth certificate.

But agents doubted the validity of his documents right away, Galicia said.

Agents then took the brothers and another passenger into custody. They held them at the checkpoint for a day and then moved them to a CBP holding facility, where Francisco hoped he would be allowed a phone call.

“I told them we had rights and asked to make a phone call. But they told us, ‘You don’t have rights to anything’,” Francisco Galicia said.

Two days after they were taken into custody, Marlon, who was born in Mexico, decided to voluntarily deport so that he could tell their mother, Sanjuana Galicia, about Francisco’s situation. He is now in Reynosa, a dangerous border city.

Claudia Galan, Galicia’s attorney, told The News that CBPs decision to hold Galicia despite his citizenship was likely tied to the issuance of a visitor’s visa that agents found in their records after they scanned his fingerprints.

Galicia’s mother obtained the visa for him when he was a minor and claimed he was born in Mexico.

He didn’t have a U.S. passport because when he was born in Dallas, Sanjuana used a fake name on his birth certificate.

She feared the only way she’d be able to legally travel across the border with her U.S. citizen son was with the visa.

But Galicia says CBP agents doubted the validity of his documents even before he was fingerprinted.

“Powerless. That’s how I felt. How with all this proof that I was giving them could they hold me?” he said.

Galicia says the documents he presented at the CBP checkpoint have not been returned to him.

CBP has not confirmed whether the old visa was why they detained Galicia.

Sanjuana Galicia said she was just glad to have her son home.

“I’m just so thankful to God and to everyone who spoke up about my son’s situation. I’m glad to have him back home, but I need my other son back,” she said.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/immi...like-immigrant

ICE agents are psychopaths.

Comment

He's only going to put Omar in a concentration camp.
          I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
          - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Les cruasades sont juste un peu industrializees, modernizees
            as someone said

Comment

btw if spambot giblets represent the left wing in america I can see why it is going to hell in many aspects.

**** kidicious is more worthy than any of them

Comment

Don't worry there's plenty of Oerdins

Comment

liberal = fascist

Comment

Oerdin is really really the worse.

He's Camu's Plague

Comment

Originally posted by giblets View Post
                      Don't worry there's plenty of Oerdins
                      Sadly, not enough. Most Americans remain ignorant and uninterested in politics beyond soundbites so there just aren't enough well educated, informed, and engaged people out there. It would be a much better country if it were so.
                      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Is it racist to say that immigrants have poopy diapers?

Comment

• -Jrabbit
                          -Jrabbit commented
                          Editing a comment
                          It literally Depends (see what I did there?) on whether their diapers are, in fact, poopy.

• Kidlicious
                          Kidlicious commented
                          Editing a comment
                          But Trump said Baltimore has rats and that's racist? It depends on whether or not they have rats?

Originally posted by Bereta_Eder View Post
                        liberal = fascist
                        More like fascistic. But they are now pushing for some kind of hyper nationalism with open borders. It's like reverse Nazi when you get so anti-Nazi that you become a Nazi

Comment

That sounds contradictory.

Comment

Originally posted by giblets View Post
                            That sounds contradictory.
                            Everyone knows that you people can hold two contradictory thoughts in your heads at the same time. No problem.

Comment

Working...
                            X