Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What could a scientist in my Star Wars fan fic be working on?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I’m trying out many different avenues of Star Wars technology and I think the best bet is to go with droids. They are almost eponymous with Star Wars and I’m sure scientists are still working on stuff with droids. What can be done with droid technology that hasn’t already been done in Legends or Canon? They did a planet wide droid intelligence in The Force Unleashed that was able to possess PROXY, who he himself was a very unique droid. They also explored AI uprisings and droid free will many times. What can a scientist do with droids?

Comment

• Droid sexbots?
      “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• Originally posted by pchang View Post
        Droid sexbots?
        Lol. Believe it or not; they already have that. https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Sex_droid

Also fun fact. I’m the one who made the page for it

Comment

• dp
          Last edited by Proteus_MST; April 10, 2019, 20:53.
          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• dp
            Last edited by Proteus_MST; April 10, 2019, 20:53.
            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Originally posted by Maximum7 View Post

Lol. Believe it or not; they already have that. https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Sex_droid

Also fun fact. I’m the one who made the page for it
              How about researching a BDSM-Upgrade for sex bots, so they can perform as the perfect dom/me or sub/kajira in all situations
              It may even be sponsored by abolitionist movements.
              But opposed by movements which see droids as sentient beings
              Last edited by Proteus_MST; April 10, 2019, 20:59.

Comment

• I’m going to be funny and make my scientist cure sexual impotence. What Star Wars substance do you think could accomplish that?

Comment

• Sildenafil citrate

Comment

• I remember being offered this when I was in Istanbul.
                    “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

Comment

• I see your swartz is as big as mine!

Comment

• A non fattening yogurt made out of Wookie milk...
                        There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• /waves bye to the FOURTH,
                          may they think of the MO, next time.
                          -da

Comment

• Its so frustrating that I can't think of anything that hasn't already been done in Star Wars already. I want to give up but my OCD won't let me!

Comment

• Don’t despair. Write it into your story. Your guy is researching a topic, then discovers that somebody has already done it and goes into a funk. But lucky for him, something else comes up to save him from himself.

Comment

• Uncle Sparky
                                Uncle Sparky commented
                                Editing a comment
                                … gets him out of his funk by offering him some delicious Wookie milk yogurt...
                                Scientist: Is this fat free?
                                Someone Else: I've never seen fat free Wookie yogurt...
                                Scientist: Really? Zounds! We shall invent it and I... we shall be kazillionaires!

• Now I’m writing a story where my scientist wins the equivalent of a Nobel Prize in Star Wars. I just don’t know what’s left to do to win.

Comment

Working...
                              X