Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What could a scientist in my Star Wars fan fic be working on?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This time I found an idea. For real this time. Thanks for all your help!!!

Comment

Ok
      Blah

Comment

Originally posted by Maximum7 View Post
        This time I found an idea. For real this time. Thanks for all your help!!!
        You fit in perfectly in our little institution. Now all you need is an avatar.
        Order of the Fly
        Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

My idea was perfect. I got it from Mythic Scribes. Intermetallic energy alloy plating. Then I found something like that existed on Wookieepedia. I’m so pissed!!!! Why can’t I find an idea that works and hasn’t been done already?

Comment

Okay someone on Reddit informed me that a supermassive black hole could never do what I want it to do. I’ve decided to scrap the whole story.

Comment

... because you wouldn't want any implausible scientific details in a Star Wars story?
              1011 1100
              Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

The nutritional content and health effects of midichlorian consumption.

Comment

Has anyone done a Star Wars story involving fidget spinners?

Comment

• pchang
                    pchang commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I could imagine a powerful force practitioner spinning one up to relativistic angular speeds and then setting it loose to completely destroy a Death Star or planetary fortress.

Can’t find a reliable service to order your paper from. Check our spam on Spamfighter. Only real reviews based on personal experience and clients’ experience.
                  Last edited by Aeson; March 5, 2019, 19:18.

Comment

• Broken_Erika
                    Broken_Erika commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Will you be my robot?

Originally posted by Elok View Post
                  ... because you wouldn't want any implausible scientific details in a Star Wars story?
                  Perhaps this would be a research topic for a scientist in Star Wars:
                  "Why do spaceships in our (Star Wars) universe behave like fighters in an atmosphere.
                  And could there be alternate universes where spacefighters behave differently?"
                  Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                  Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Like Babylon 5?
                    “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

I decided to go with a quark star. It’s better than a black hole because we don’t even know if they exist. Perfect for expansion However, I still need something for him to be working on before he deals with the quark star. I’m looking not for a gadget or piece of tech. I’ve decided everything technological that we can think of, can be done. Speeders with deflector shields? Sure. We haven’t seen them but they can easily be done. I’m looking for something that would still be an emerging field of science. Something a Type II/III civilization would do next. Any ideas?

Comment

Inflation and its affects on Planck time.
                        “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

My Star Wars story will now involve a scientist who is studying the ancient servers of the Holonet. As he learns about its beginnings, he thinks of ways he can make the Holonet better for everyone. What improvements can he make to the Holonet?

Comment

Originally posted by Maximum7 View Post
                            My Star Wars story will now involve a scientist who is studying the ancient servers of the Holonet. As he learns about its beginnings, he thinks of ways he can make the Holonet better for everyone. What improvements can he make to the Holonet?
                            He could work on the Holonet not only transmitting visual, but also olfactory cues
                            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Working...
                            X