Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you look for in a partner?

Hello friends,

Classic question. Been going on lots of dates, and it seems to me there's always something "missing". I am trying to see if my expectations are too high. Then again, I'd rather be single than with someone just for the sake of being with someone.

So, I've not continued dating someone for reasons because
    - They totally did not look like their pictures did. Not at all, or even close. It's not the disappointment in their looks, or lack of possible attraction (I find it to be more complex; like good sense of humour, attitude, brain and a smile will go a LONG way, if not all the way). It's the lie. It is like did you really think the would go unnoticed?
    - smokers. I don't care if they just made new year's resolution but just had a relapse. It's still January.
    - Swearing. I swear, I swear a lot but not when getting to know someone. There's a silent rule that you feel out their level of darkness. When you find the bottom and if it matches yours, good. if they just outright show it to you, they're trying to impress you with the wrong things. Plus it's not classy at all. Not assuming I'm OK with all the f bombs in the first five minutes. I'll go for those after several dates.
    - hand shakes. It's not a business meeting. As I don't smell bad, look disgusting, or anything of that nature, it's OK to give a short hug. If you stab someone with a hand, it's a sign of no interest (which is OK), or some sort of severe issue, of sexual nature. I've found this to be true and have lost of empirical evidence.
    - not comfortable with silence. Again, some sort of sexual problem, with the need for constant filling of the void. Needing the attention, or poor self esteem
    - Poor self esteem. Often a sign of sexual problems or neglected as a child. If in therapy about it, it's good, a sign of self development.
    - funky odors. Poor hygiene, often a result of poor lifestyle or mental health issues. Sometimes, though rarely, sexual problems.
    - Checks out the phone more than once for no particular reason. No class.
    - Makes no initiatives as to where to eat, have coffee, what movies to see, etc. Poor self esteem, is a pleaser far too much. Definitely neglect as a child or sexual trauma. Avoid but be compassionate.q
    - Is in between jobs with no education, added with hundreds of instagram photos with Buddhist quotes. Most likely depressed.

I'd say this "negative" signs goes for men, too. So it's not women this or that. And all of this being said, most dates and women have been interesting,

To look for:
    - nice genuine smile. Eyes also smile. Some people have such great smiles it just fills you with warmth.
    - Just a nice person. Whereas "nice" can be mixed with avoid or boring, I prefer nice women. Nice, kind-hearted lady with a wide great smile, if it's real, that's 99 % for yours truly.
    - Smart and dark sense of humour. Just to click with, we won't have chemistry without it but if we do, then all is good.
    - If this all shows out, I will find them attractive and sexy. No amounts of physical attributes will ever replace personality and just someone who is nice.

What about you, what do you look in a partner and have you found yours?
    Last edited by Pekka; January 19, 2019, 06:24. Reason: typo
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Main thing I look for is that she’s my wife ...

Comment

basically I'm looking for huge bank account, biblical age plus the ability and willingness to sign a testament in my favour

Blah

Comment

What do you look for in a partner?

A partner of course. Over the years, that's all that will matter eventually. All partners will have faults, but they must put up with yours so it's only fair you do the same.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

For a more serious reply - I'm not a smoker myself, and certainly not much of a fan when others do it. But this alone would not be a no-date reason to me.

Oh well, ppl are different.
          Blah

Comment

I have been married for 23 years. It’s been so long I can’t remember.

Kidding aside, it is the mind that lasts. My partner had to have a certain level of intelligence and a desire to keep learning.
            Last edited by pchang; January 20, 2019, 18:18.
            “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.â€

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man​

Comment

Human DNA. Most of their limbs intact. A lack of visible revulsion at the sight of me. I shouldn't judge no limbs is fine too.
              Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
              "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• pchang
                pchang commented
                Editing a comment
                I thought you were fine with artificial intelligences.

• Lorizael
                Lorizael commented
                Editing a comment
                Yeah, but not to bone.

• pchang
                pchang commented
                Editing a comment
                I seem to remember that Sava had bought a robotic sexdoll..... Now that he is married, he would probably be willing to sell it at a discount.

I wouldn't be so quick in dismissing those green Orion girls
              Blah

Comment

I think the character is important. But I like the eyes and the face in general. Also, a nice chest. When it comes to the character, I'm not looking for anything specific. Just someone to be good and to love me.
                "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
                I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
                Middle East!

Comment

Originally posted by BeBro View Post
                  I wouldn't be so quick in dismissing those green Orion girls
                  Ahem, according to Season 6, Episode 20 of Star Trek: The Next Generation, humans and Orions share a common ancestor and basically have the same DNA.

man i just don't understand how i can't get laid
                  Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                  "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• pchang
                    pchang commented
                    Editing a comment
                    The Hulk made it into space?

Seems I have forgotten all the TNG wisdom I was taught...

Blah

Comment

You should know based on your previous relationship.

Not be crazy.

JM
                    Jon Miller-
                    I AM.CANADIAN
                    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

She HAS to want family. And don't bull**** me. It never works out

Comment

Oh yeah. And be intelligent. All those years I forgot what it's like to be next to an intelligent girl (being sneaky and a little lying b!tch doesn't count as smart)

Comment

My wife is rich, so naturally I fell in love.

Comment

Working...
                          X