Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Remember those that died to preserve the global order.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Nazi!
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post

The Kaiser kind of was responsible as he sent a telegram giving unlimited support to the Austro-Hungarians to do what they wished with the Serbians. If they had been a bit more involved and detailed in their support (saying what they would and would not support) war could have been avoided. Hell, the UK would never have gotten involved if Germany had never invaded neutral Beglium (which the UK had guaranteed going back to the 1830's).
      Dunno ...
      I belong to the people who think that an european war was inevitable over short or long.
      Hadn't it been the assassination of the AH-Crown Prince, then IMHO war would have broken out for another reason at a later time.
      Maybe it would have been colonial frictions (after all, every of the major players (i.e. Germany, France, GB) still had colonies and colonial interests,
      or it would have been another reason that involved the web of alliances that germany and the entente had woven.

There surely was enough of friction ... GB was worried about the german ambitions in building a sizable high seas fleet ... france and germany always had Alsace-Lorraine as a bone oif contention ... not to forget that they were still pissed off at losing the franco-prussian war of 1870 (started by france and leadsing to german unification).
      There also were frictions between germany and denmark, due to the German-Schleswig war of 1864 (won by germany), which may have ignited another european war.

Not to forget the russian revolution (although it is the question whether or not this would have been successful without WW1) that may have been grounds for a war between germany and russia
      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Everyone knows that Ares started WW1 and nothing could stop it until Wonderwoman defeated him.
        “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Working...
        X