No announcement yet.

Brexit divorce deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What did the polls say when May called a snap election?

Comment

• Polls also show that if the election is pre 31 Oct Tories win, after, Labour win, because the Brexit Party will cannibalise the Tory vote. Mainly because BoJo will have failed his only PM-election promise. Remain parties win by locking BoJo in a box while the Tories combust.
      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• I'm afraid the UK parliament faces now a complete breakdown of "Ordah!":

He says he will quit as Speaker and MP at the next election or on 31 October, whichever comes first.

Blah

Comment

• British Prime Minister Boris Johnson has compared himself to The Incredible Hulk in a newspaper interview emphasizing his determination to take Britain out of the European Union next month.

Johnson faces considerable legal and political hurdles but told the Mail on Sunday he will meet the Oct. 31 deadline no matter what.

“The madder Hulk gets, the stronger Hulk gets,” he told the widely read tabloid, invoking the comic book and film character known for formidable but destructive strength.
          https://apnews.com/f0b281b1c8484607a...source=Twitter
          With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

• Now i have visions of BoJo stripping down to a pair of purple boxer shorts and jumping around parliament screaming "BORIS SMASH!!!"
            I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
            Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
            Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

• His base of support consists of people who don't read anything that doesn't have pictures.

Comment

• He certainly missed the character development of the Hulk in the last Avengers movies
                Blah

Comment

• Fake news. He compared the UK to the Hulk, not himself. I don’t know why I make the point, but I’d like to have journalists at least get the central basics of a story correct.

Comment

• UK smash global economy

Comment

• The UK might like to think they have the power of the Hulk, but in their current state, they are more like a non-transformed Bruce Banner.
                      “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• Alas, the U.K. is transformed, but it was by Gammon radiation,

Comment

• Uncle Sparky
                          Uncle Sparky commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Well said, dad joker...

• pchang
                          pchang commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Sounds tasty. I will be by in a week to get some ham. Perhaps even the full English breakfast.

• Originally posted by Dauphin View Post

Fake news. He compared the UK to the Hulk, not himself. I don’t know why I make the point, but I’d like to have journalists at least get the central basics of a story correct.
                        After a little digging, I may be corrected. Tough, I still think that it's the Boris' fantasy about UK that are shown - not necessarily the UK'ainans.
                        With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

• Originally posted by Dauphin View Post
                          Polls also show that if the election is pre 31 Oct Tories win, after, Labour win, because the Brexit Party will cannibalise the Tory vote. Mainly because BoJo will have failed his only PM-election promise. Remain parties win by locking BoJo in a box while the Tories combust.
                          Honestly, it is looking like the lib dems cannibalize labor with the tories and Brexit party carrying a majority. DUP is still polling well in Northern Ireland.
                          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Just a month before the storm. Should be fun. I loaded up a bit on Euros. I should be unloading some pounds starting next week.
                            “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• Boris Johnson misses a press conference amid noisy protests, but says there has been "a lot of work".

Boris too chicken to attend his own press conference. :sad:

Comment

Working...
                              X