Brexit divorce deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dinner, give it up
    You're the equivalent of an expat who knows absolutely nothing about the subject
    thanks for the best wishes though.

Comment

• Very fitting:
      Alex Johnston's answer: Let me explain to Leavers—with as light-hearted a manner as I can affect on this subject—what it looks like to the rest of the world: Leavers: We want to leave! EU: Do you? Shame, but okay. Leavers: And we want a good deal. EU: Let’s talk. Theresa May: Here’s a deal. ...

And this one was posted 2 years ago ... and it seems like a prophecy for nowadays reality:
      Last edited by Proteus_MST; September 2, 2019, 08:02.
      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Something i saw posted over at CFC.
        "Brexit (n): The undefined being negotiated by the unprepared in order to get the unspecified for the uninformed."
        I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
        Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
        Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

• It's only the "will of the people" because seniors who will be dead in five years are allowed to vote.

Comment

• We need dumb reps here.
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Your england is frecked

Comment

• Originally posted by Broken_Erika View Post
                Something i saw posted over at CFC.
                "Brexit (n): The undefined being negotiated by the unprepared in order to get the unspecified for the uninformed."
                *giggles

However, Brexit means Brexit.

Blah

Comment

• UK gov loses majority:

Phillip Lee's move to the Lib Dems leaves the PM with no working majority as he faces a showdown over no deal.
                  Blah

Comment

• Boris’ plans appear to be blowing up in his face.
                    “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• worth a read
                      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• Originally posted by pchang View Post
                        Boris’ plans appear to be blowing up in his face.
                        Meanwhile Boris expulsed the rebel alliance, incl. the grand son of well known commie/remainer/Euroweenie Churchill:

LONDON — Rising to speak before a half-empty House of Commons on Wednesday, Nicholas Soames, the grandson of Winston Churchill, choked up, fighting back tears.

Mr. Soames, 71, has served in Parliament for 37 years and is a popular figure, known to have a lively sense of humor. But he now was announcing his decision to retire from politics, a day after Prime Minister Boris Johnson had expelled him from the Conservative Party. He had joined a group of 21 Tory rebels who defied Mr. Johnson on Tuesday night by voting for legislation that would pave the way toward blocking a no-deal Brexit.

“I’m truly very sad that it should end in this way,” Mr. Soames said. “It is my most fervent hope that this house will rediscover the spirit of compromise, humility and understanding that will enable us finally to push ahead with the vital work in the interests of the whole country that has inevitably had to be so sadly neglected whilst we have devoted so much time to wrestling with Brexit.”

If Brexit is shaking the foundations of party politics in Britain, the expulsion and resignation of Mr. Soames is a moment that not long ago would have been unimaginable. It is especially searing given that Mr. Johnson, who cast him aside, considers Churchill one of his greatest heroes, and has written a biography of Britain’s wartime leader.

Mr. Soames, whose mother was Mr. Churchill’s youngest child, said he had voted against the Tory government three times in his 37 years but that this was the first time he had “the whip removed,” meaning he will no longer be allowed to represent his party in Parliament.

“I have been told by the chief whip, who is my friend and who I like very much, that it will be his sad duty to write to me tomorrow to tell me I have had the whip removed after 37 years as a Conservative member of Parliament,” he said Tuesday night in an interview with the BBC. “That’s fortunes of war. I knew what I was doing.”
                        https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/04/w...s-johnson.html
                        Blah

Comment

• Tories win a majority in 2015 and then waste the next five years trying to leave the EU, sad!

Comment

• Even among his family Boris Johnson is the only one who believes, Brexit is a good idea.
                            His sister even had to urge him to never ever mention Brexit during family dinners, in order to keep the dinners peaceful

And BoJos brother, who was in the british parliament, quot his position because he saw himself unable to solve the conflict between conscience (i.e. being against Brexit) and the loyality to his brother

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...good-idea.html
                            Last edited by Proteus_MST; September 7, 2019, 14:55. Reason: Forgot the link to the article
                            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• He's a huckster who built a career partly on pushing this bullsh!t, the best he can hope for is he narrowly loses the election, a labour-snp-lib coalition holds together long enough to revoke article 50, then another election happens.

Comment

• The polls actually show pro-brexit parties leading and labor falling off a cliff while lib dems eat the labor heartland. Why do you suppose Corbyn is desperate to avoid an election?
                                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
                                X