No announcement yet.

Brexit divorce deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I give a lot of sh!t to britain mainly to piss off dinner but brits in my travels are some of my most enjoyable encounters. We seem to get along splendindly. I don't know why. They are very cheerful and easy going and we seem to have a similar code of values with which we communicate. Also very scared of brexit and grasping at straws to prove an irish ancenstry so they are not left isolated in england.

Comment

• Then again maybe they want to marry me to get the eruopean green card. And the high percentage of british homosexuals probably sheds ample light to the male easygoing attitude as well.

Comment

• Wouldn't it be easier for them to prove French or Danish ancestry?

Comment

• Or german

Comment

• BTW The answer is that Ireland is ready to give nationality to anyone who can drink guinness in one go

Comment

• pchang
              pchang commented
              Editing a comment
              In that case, almost all of us are Irish.

• British Steel fails. While they blame Brexit, it appears more to me like Brexit was the last straw among a number of problems.
            “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• Who’s blaming Brexit? Most reporting I’ve seen is saying that the industry is not profitable and could only survive on state aid which is prohibited by the EU.
              One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• pchang
                pchang commented
                Editing a comment
                UK Steel, industry trade association.

• Very good news this morning.
              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Funny

Comment

• Coming next season on Game of Tories:

Brexiteer comes in on a promise of a white unicorn. Achieves nothing. Pushes no deal Brexit. Remain Tories like Greave resign the Tory Whip leaving a minority that not even Arlene Foster can save the Government from. No confidence vote ensues, causes government to collapse. General election leads to a Labour-LibDem-SNP coalition with Referendum a condition while Tories shift right or have a rump of seats taken by Policy-less Brexit Party.

Comment

• Uncle Sparky
                    Uncle Sparky commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I thought Boris was going to Trump the Tories...

• Please. Anyone but BoJo.
                  “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• There are worse candidates. Boris is self serving and would be terrible, but I fear some absolute idiots being in charge.

Leadsom on what would happen to the pound if Leave won:
                    “But as I say, sterling has really not moved since the prime minister announced the starting gun for the referendum. So my best expectation, with my 30 years of financial experience, is that there will not be an economic impact.”

Raab on Dover:
                    ”I hadn’t quite understood the full extent of this, but....we are quite reliant on the Dover Calais crossing”

Comment

• I thought the UK has ceased to exist

Comment

• Boris Johnson would be a great choice. Then the US and the UK would have a matching pair of clowns.
                        "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

• Well, Boris has been summoned to court under a private prosecution.

I assume it will get thrown out at some point, but if not, could set an interesting precedent for politicians who consistently, unequivocally and demonstrably lie whilst in public office.

Comment

Working...
                          X