No announcement yet.

Brexit divorce deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My guess is she will be there until December. She recently won a nobcpnfidence vote and the rules say she can't face another one before this December. Now, she says she will step down early if Parliament passes the horrible EU dictated non-agreement but it is very clear there is no majority to do that.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• So, given 8 options, Parliament voted them all down.

This is officially a Monty Python sketch.
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Apparently the Tories favorite options were "No-Deal" and remaining in transition forever...
        just look at the pretty colourful graphy-picture thingy
        I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
        Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
        Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

• Tetris!
          Blah

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
            So, given 8 options, Parliament voted them all down.

As parliamentary antics go, this series of votes has actually been useful. Consider:

1) No-one expected a majority for any of these options - there is a bit of game theory and tactical voting - the objective was to gain the temperature of feeling
            2) The customs union option has immense support, as does a referendum. A majority can probably be gained for the former, the later probably not, as it is pretty much the best compromise position.

All said though, a deal for services is far more important. It’s why people, particularly Brexiteers, banging on about WTO rules sounds so ridiculous to me. I’m not very clear on what politicians want to do about, for example, financial services passporting.
            One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• 3rd time was not the charm. Oerdin and Putin May get their wish.
              “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• Never ending comedy

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit
                  So, given 8 options, Parliament voted them all down.

Was a ****ing Monty Python sketch the moment they decided to hold the referendum! (Was a sketch behind closed conservative party doors before then)

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

"Aha, you must have supported the Iraq war and wear underpants made out of firearms, just like every other American!" Loinburger

Comment

• Originally posted by pchang
                    3rd time was not the charm. Oerdin and Putin May get their wish.
                    I think No Brexit is more likely than No Deal.

That's what I'm hoping for: they continue to **** about until those are the only two options, stare into the abyss of No Deal (the simple test: if Oerdin likes it, it has to be a clustastrophe of ****ness), **** their self-serving collective pants and cancel Article 50.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

"Aha, you must have supported the Iraq war and wear underpants made out of firearms, just like every other American!" Loinburger

Comment

• Personally; I think the most likely outcome will be continuous unending legislative ping-pong until the EU decides "screw it" and kick the UK out without a deal.
                      I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
                      Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
                      Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

• Originally posted by I AM MOBIUS View Post
                        if Oerdin likes it, it has to be a clustastrophe of ****ness)
                        This is indeed a sound dogma.

Comment

• Originally posted by Broken_Erika View Post
                          Personally; I think the most likely outcome will be continuous unending legislative ping-pong until the EU decides "screw it" and kick the UK out without a deal.
                          This is also la la land.

The EU actively WANTS and TRIES to annule the brexit and has succeeded so far. Together with the large segments of the british public that want the same thing.

It's like saying I'm tired of my arm twitching, I'll cut it off.
                          (btw for oerdin: I'll survive, the arm will not)

Comment

No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

• Just realized I never posted these.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X