Brexit divorce deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post

Your list makes YOU seem ignorant. Control over the value of your currency is a good thing.
    True, only problem is that the brits wont have that
    With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

• Who needs essential medicines when you can have Blue Passports?
      Who needs food when you have Boris Johnson as PM?
      Who needs a livelihood when you can Take Back Control?
      Who needs peace in North Ireland when you can have Pax Brittania?
      I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
      Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
      Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

• Also, the Brits kept their GBP and weren't part of the Eurozone (you can be part of the EU without also being part of the Eurozone (i.e. having EUR as currency) or being part of the Schengen-Treaty (i.e. having no border controls towards your EU neighbors))

So, with regards to the english currency, actually nothing will change after Brexit
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinner View Post

And here is your fundamental problem. You still don't know what other people want because you haven't bothered to listen to what they said. No, no one is trying to recreate the British Empire. What many of us do want is a more open democratic system where the fate of the British people are in the hands of British voters. The EU cannot and will not be reformed in the ways needed. Lord knows the UK has spent decades trying but it never works largely because the EU doesn't work.

Will it be easy to retake sovereignty? No, but I am 100% certain that the end results will at least be up to the British people and not dictated by other people so that seems better to me. Yes, it will take time, probably about 10 years, but the end result will be better over all and it will be done as the actual people of the UK want it to be done. That is the whole point of Brexit.

That you still don't know this means you should spend less time talking and more listening so that way you might actually know what you are talking about some day.
          Oerdin, you haven't the faintest idea about how the EU works. Those problems that you describe are US problems - many american states doesn't agree but can't get out of the mess.

UK has all the freedom to get out of EU but it has a cost. Brexiteers claim the price is low but can't really prove it and claims facts is a lie (kinda trumpist). It will be a sad day if the UK really leave EU no matter how because the UK people will be extremely hurt. and no , they don't wake up in some paradise as claimed by nutcases.
          With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

• Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post
            So, with regards to the english currency, actually nothing will change after Brexit
            In terms of operations, no. But the pound has gone up and down like a yo-yo every time anything Brexit related happens. Pre-vote I could get USD 1.50 or EUR 1.30 to the pound. Losing 15% of my net worth overnight was a kick in the teeth, given I planned to leave the U.K. in the mid-term.
            One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• Are you leaving because of Brexit or for other reasons?
              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Family originally. Centre of family is now around the great lakes more of less (Minneapolis/Chicago/Toronto/New York state) and so a move to North America is inevitable.
                One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dauphin View Post

In terms of operations, no. But the pound has gone up and down like a yo-yo every time anything Brexit related happens. Pre-vote I could get USD 1.50 or EUR 1.30 to the pound. Losing 15% of my net worth overnight was a kick in the teeth, given I planned to leave the U.K. in the mid-term.
                  That only matters if you're doing import export
                  I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                  - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• I don't think the UK produces enough food to feed itself.

Comment

• The UK does not produce enough of a lot of things and is in no way self-sufficient.
                      “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• Originally posted by spambot View Post
                        I don't think the UK produces enough food to feed itself.
                        Either does Japan but you don't see them letting foreigners rule themselves.

Comment

• pchang
                          pchang commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Do you even read what you write?

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post

Either does Japan but you don't see them letting foreigners rule themselves.
                        That is probably one of the most stupid thing that you have ever claimed

Anyway, EU and japan has recently joined in a trade agreement that UK via brexit isn't part of. Now UK has to negotiate with Japan on its own without the support of the rest of Europe - good luck with that

Steven Weinberg

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackCat View Post

That is probably one of the most stupid thing that you have ever claimed

Anyway, EU and japan has recently joined in a trade agreement that UK via brexit isn't part of. Now UK has to negotiate with Japan on its own without the support of the rest of Europe - good luck with that
                          Really, who cares. They have to negotiate for themselves. Good. They can negotiate in their own interest. Do you think the EU gives a damn about the UK, or any other country?

Comment

• pchang
                            pchang commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Umm yes. By definition, the EU cares about each of its member states.

• Kidlicious
                            Kidlicious commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Oh by definition.

• Originally posted by Dauphin View Post
                          Family originally. Centre of family is now around the great lakes more of less (Minneapolis/Chicago/Toronto/New York state) and so a move to North America is inevitable.
                          That area is affordable but colder than any where in the UK including the shetland islands. Are you willing to put up with that kind of cold? We are talking continental type cold.

I am from North America and I will not do it. I need pleasant coastal breezes and a Mediterranean type climate.
                          Last edited by Dinner; December 20, 2018, 21:51.
                          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• You don't even know what you are talking about. You live in California.

Comment

Working...
                            X