Brexit divorce deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brexit irony:

Taking back control of something you never gave up, by losing everything you currently have.
    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dauphin View Post
        Brexit irony:

Taking back control of something you never gave up, by losing everything you currently have.
        We are not allowed to call people retarded so I will simply say your statement is developmentally challenged. We have already heard the lies from project fear.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Oerdin will make the British Empire great again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinner View Post

We are not allowed to call people retarded so I will simply say your statement is developmentally challenged. We have already heard the lies from project fear.
            You are ignorant.

Things lost (a non-exhaustive list). These are factual. Not predictions or opinions

Free trade access to the UK’s largest export market
            Free access to work anywhere in Europe
            Trade agreements with every country in the world - North Korea will have more trade deals as of March 29.
            Foregoing science co-operation and research access (e.g. Galileo and the billions of dollars the U.K. gave to the project lost)
            Foregoing police and security agreements (e.g arrest warrants, sharing of intel, etc)
            A currency with any value.

Things gained:
            Freedumb
            Blue ****ing passports

Comment

• The interesting thing also will be flights to/from the UK, as the cooperation with regards to air travel will also be lost.

At the moment there are emergency plans in the EU drawer that will, in case of a hard Brexit, for a transitional period allow a rudimentary continuation of flights from/to the UK (rudimentary = at a reduced frequency). But it will require the cooperation of the UK government, to put those plans into action ... so, if the UK government acts in a similar haphazard manner as it did during the previous 2 years, maybe not even airline travel between the EU and the UK can be upheld
              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Originally posted by spambot View Post
                Oerdin will make the British Empire great again.
                His reputation as a debater has clearly gone through the roof with this thread.

Blah

Comment

• Juroup

https://www.politico.eu/article/euro...ellow-jackets/
                  Last edited by Proteus_MST; December 20, 2018, 09:20.
                  Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                  Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post
                    The interesting thing also will be flights to/from the UK, as the cooperation with regards to air travel will also be lost.

At the moment there are emergency plans in the EU drawer that will, in case of a hard Brexit, for a transitional period allow a rudimentary continuation of flights from/to the UK (rudimentary = at a reduced frequency). But it will require the cooperation of the UK government, to put those plans into action ... so, if the UK government acts in a similar haphazard manner as it did during the previous 2 years, maybe not even airline travel between the EU and the UK can be upheld
                    Brexit shmexit, UK can’t cope with a single drone at Gatwick Airport. I don’t understand why they don’t just shoot the thing down.

Comment

• Originally posted by BeBro View Post

His reputation as a debater has clearly gone through the roof with this thread.
                      I guess that he just want to stress an already proven and well documented point - Oerdin are always wrong
                      With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

You are ignorant.

Things lost (a non-exhaustive list). These are factual. Not predictions or opinions

Trade agreements with every country in the world - North Korea will have more trade deals as of March 29.
                        Foregoing science co-operation and research access (e.g. Galileo and the billions of dollars the U.K. gave to the project lost)
                        Foregoing police and security agreements (e.g arrest warrants, sharing of intel, etc)

Things gained:
                        Freedumb
                        Blue ****ing passports
                        Blue Passports! Yay!
                        Pax Brittania!
                        Take Back Control!
                        Boris Johnson for PM!
                        Cliff Jumping is Fun! Wheeeeeeeeeee!
                        I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
                        Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
                        Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

• And yet, as another annus horribilis draws to a close,
                          *snicker*

Comment

• Freedumb. I like that.
                            Order of the Fly
                            Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

You are ignorant.

Things gained:
                              Freedumb
                              Blue ****ing passports
                              Your list makes YOU seem ignorant. Control over the value of your currency is a good thing.
                              I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                              - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Originally posted by spambot View Post
                                Oerdin will make the British Empire great again.
                                And here is your fundamental problem. You still don't know what other people want because you haven't bothered to listen to what they said. No, no one is trying to recreate the British Empire. What many of us do want is a more open democratic system where the fate of the British people are in the hands of British voters. The EU cannot and will not be reformed in the ways needed. Lord knows the UK has spent decades trying but it never works largely because the EU doesn't work.

Will it be easy to retake sovereignty? No, but I am 100% certain that the end results will at least be up to the British people and not dictated by other people so that seems better to me. Yes, it will take time, probably about 10 years, but the end result will be better over all and it will be done as the actual people of the UK want it to be done. That is the whole point of Brexit.

That you still don't know this means you should spend less time talking and more listening so that way you might actually know what you are talking about some day.
                                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
                                X