Which movies or shows are you watching?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the stand,
    televized series of an old book by stephen king about a deadly virus that killed 99% of humanity

well shot and pertinent

Comment

• Originally posted by BeBro View Post
      Let's hope Expanse's final season (if those reps are true) will be better, esp. not leave that "rushed" impression of late GoT.
      My understanding is that the show runners for GoT were unable to make the final part of GoT make sense. Martin of course its taking many extra years trying to do the same thing. Hopefully he succeeds, I read the first books a number of times. I will not do any more rereading, nor will I watch the show, until I have finished reading the series and determine that it is worth it.

JM
      (if Martin finishes the series and it is good, I will reread the series and then probably watch the first 5 seasons of the show? maybe?)
      Jon Miller-
      I AM.CANADIAN
      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• pchang
        pchang commented
        Editing a comment
        I thought it made plenty of sense. Most of the time, one side in a war will start to prevail and their victory becomes inevitable. They just picked a side. It also made sense that both sides were ruthless and had evil elements and that even the winning side eventually had to purge itself of its evil elements.

• The problem with the end of Game of Thrones was not that it did not make sense. It was that the ways they ended the various story lines (and characters) was mostly unsatisfying.
      “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• As for watching stuff:

The Mandalorian, S2.

The show is IMO better StarWars than a number of the newer SW movies (except Rogue One)

Let's hope they don't mess it up with the inflation of SW stuff to come (from what I read is planned)
        Blah

Comment

• I recently discovered Deadwood. I totally missed it the first time around.
          It's excellent and well worth binge watching.
          Keep on Civin'
          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Aside from "The Expanse" I also watch "Travelers" Season 2 and 3
            (about a couple of Time Travellers who travel from the future into the bodies of people who are about to die in the now in order to prevent some catastrophic events in the future ... where neither the travel to their host bodies, nor the aftereffects of the actions (done by the travelers in the now) go as planned)
            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Travelers is interesting
              I wasn't aware that seasons 2 and 3 had dropped. Thanks.
              Indifference is Bliss

Comment

• Expanse S5, Ep.4

Spoiler:
                OMGOMGOMG
                Blah

Comment

• Since I'm into history stuff I watched El Cid. I mean the tv thing, 1st season, not the old Hollywood monster with Ben Hur/Moses posing as Chalton Heston.

The 1st ep. was rather meh, but it got better.

It lacks the whole bunch of pretty unique, charismatic characters from Vikings. Esp. the El Cid guy is a bit boring at first, too much of a noble cliche guy early on. Tho kinda fitting for the Spanish natl. hero guy, but it gets more interesting when he finally has sex

What it depicts well is the relation between Christian and Muslim parts of Spain - lots of hostility and tensions between them, but also cooperation at times. Both politically and

There's some nice bit of intrigue, and a rather well made battle. Also strong scenes showing that women in general and mothers losing their sons in battles had it rather bad (without being too preachy about it). While it's no GoT, I'd rate it on par with Vikings, despite the above character pt.

/cts.
                  Blah

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by N35t0r View Post
                      Travelers is interesting
                      I wasn't aware that seasons 2 and 3 had dropped. Thanks.
                      It`s fascinating that Season 2 of Travelers (which was produced in 2017) features a Pandemic roughly similar to CoViD-19 (although much more deadly)..
                      Has something prophetic
                      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• I considered watching Downfall again, but CNN is way better these days
                        Blah

Comment

• Recently I showed a movie to my brother which he liked very much, and can now be seen on Youtube. It's a very thought provoking documentary about the BBC, "Incontrovertible." https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5UyynjxAyw

In February 2013 the documentary maker Tony Rooke contested the BBC license fee in court under Article 3, Section 15 of the Terrorism Act 2000 on the basis that the BBC were complicit in the 9/11 cover-up and had deliberately misled the public in their broadcasting. Tony was given the opportunity to demonstrate to the judge that the BBC had quite deliberately lied to the British public about the events of that day, in particular their 'Conspiracy Files' program. The fact that the BBC had foreknowledge and had reported on the collapse of WTC7 (also known as the Salomon Brothers building) 20 minutes before it happened formed the basis for his case that the license was not appropriate. Tony was not fined and was allowed to walk away on a conditional discharge.
                          Click here and here to find out how close the George Washington Bridge came to being blown up on 9/11 and why all evidence against those terrorists was classified. Click here to see the influence of Neocon Zionists in the USA and how they benefitted from 9/11. Remember the USS Liberty and the Lavon Affair.

Comment

• "Fanaticism is to superstition what delirium is to fever and fury to anger." -Voltaire

Comment

• 0-3 times a year I watch 'would I lie to you' which is sometimes pretty entertaining. One of those times was last week.

JM
                              Jon Miller-
                              I AM.CANADIAN
                              GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Working...
                              X