No announcement yet.

Which movies or shows are you watching?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which movies or shows are you watching?

tIt might be interesting to hear about which movies or shows other members are watching or have recently watched. I will start. Currently I am watching Zulu Dawn (1979) staring Burt Lancaster. and Peter O'Toole It is a pretty good movie about a pivotal moment in South African history and indeed the interaction of European and African civilizations. It certainly shows the unequalness of the two societies and why and how one came to dominate. T
    he Battle of Isandlwana is kind of like the battle of Caramarca in that it shows just how unequal technology and military & logistical abilities were between western societies and non-western societies. It is telling that even temporary setbacks due to incompetent leadership still lead to long term defeat just as it did for American Natives, New Zealand Natives, or even Australian Natives. They were truly fighting an up hill battle against all odds.

I am only halfway through it but my initial reaction is it is not as good as the original 1964 movie Zulu which depicted the battle of Rorke's Drift. The cinematography is good for the time period though.
    Last edited by Dinner; November 9, 2018, 00:56.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Trying to find time to go see Bohemian Rhapsody.
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Just finished binge watching both seasons of OZARK. Bizarre and totally unbelievable but entertaining.
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I mostly watch bits of kids movies. Mostly the same ones.

JM
        Jon Miller-
        I AM.CANADIAN
        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Back in the days, I had every song in the Little Mermaid memorized. They used to terrorize me in my sleep.

It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I still like Inside Out and Prince of Egypt.

I no longer am such a fan of Home or Moana.

JM
            Jon Miller-
            I AM.CANADIAN
            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Movies?

Currently nothing out in the cinemas that interests me enough to go (may watch a few thgings, like Bohemian Rhapsody, if they become available on Amazon Prime or german Free TV)

TV Shows:
              iZombie (Season 4)
              TBBT (Season 11)
              Young Sheldon (Season 1)
              Legends of Tomorrow (Season 3)

Completed watching a short time ago:
              The Magicians (Season 3)
              Dark Matter (Final Season)
              The Flash (Season 4)
              Lost Girl (Final Season)
              Last edited by Proteus_MST; November 10, 2018, 03:16. Reason: Totally forgot to add Lost Girl
              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Other than "The Expanse" I watched s3 of "The Man in the High Castle" recently.

It's a bit faster and has a tad more action than s1+2, still very good IMO (with the usual weaker things here and there).
                Blah

Comment

In 14th-century Scotland, Robert the Bruce claims the crown and leads a fierce uprising to win back the country's independence from English rule.

Outlaw King by Netflicks looks interesting.....
                  Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Outmanned. Outmatched. Outlawed. For freedom, honor and family, a rebel king takes on the mightiest army in the world. Watch trailers & learn more.
                    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

I've recently taken up Penny Dreadful and find it darkly entertaining. I'm really trying to enjoy the new Doctor Who, but so far not so much...
                      I really enjoyed Bohemian Rhapsody, but I'm a Queen fan.
                      There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Just finished watching Versailles.
                        For the rest, don't follow shows all that often.
                        "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

Rewatched Das Boot (1981) yesterday.

It had a scene that took me back to a weird dream or waking fantasy (?) I had a few months ago in the early morning hours, with events taking place somewhere in the Low Countries.

In the dream(?), there was a large amount of people gathered on what seemed the shore of some body of water (a sea or a big lake) and they were all gazing at something that was happening on the water. They slowly started singing some kind of a patriotic song in Dutch or Flemish, of which I didn't understand a word. More and more people joined the song, and it seemed like a tough and grave decision. There was something on fire above the surface of the water but I couldn't quite make out what it was.

Based on their looks there was something weird and macabre going on but I couldn't understand what.

After seeing this scene I was immediately reminded of the dream(?). I'm not sure if it has to mean anything, though.

Spoiler:
                          Last edited by Meticulous Man; November 11, 2018, 09:40.

Comment

The wife and I managed to pawn of our offspring temporarily with my mother and sister, and went to see Bohemian Rhapsody at an IMAX theater (first time going to the theater since the pregnancy, so over one year).
                            Totally amazing and very recommendable.

The Live Aid scenes were breathtaking.
                            Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Just finished the last episode of Mayans, Season 1. End with a big nutpunch for SoA fans.

ACK!
                              Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Working...
                              X