• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wotm8
    [/quote]

Comment

I agree.
      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

It's biology

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
          I dunno, but she'd say it in this tiny Jewish grandma voice and it'd be hilarious.
          But would it help my existential angst (or, more importantly, my unsatisfied libido)? Maybe I should join the Catholic Church...

Comment

Originally posted by Sava View Post
            It's biology

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
            Explain biology to me by reinstating the bum as your avatar.

Comment

Originally posted by ricketyclik View Post

But would it help my existential angst (or, more importantly, my unsatisfied libido)? Maybe I should join the Catholic Church...
              I thought the customary solution for Australians was sheep.
              “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

The general rite of celibacy started due to the culture of the time (and isn't held by all 'traditional' churches), so I think that probably there needs to be a shift today to take into account the culture of the time (and married people should be accepted as priests, note that many of the 'traditional' churches do not allow priests to marry but rather allow married people to become priests, Catholics do love tradition after all).

Some reading:
                https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cleric...atholic_Church)

JM
                Jon Miller-
                I AM.CANADIAN
                GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Pope responded today. He sounded much more penitent than the US College of Cardinals. Still too early to say if there will be real change. There are some reports that church donations are down. This happened before in 2002 (Boston Globe reports), but that dip was temporary.
                  “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Real change? Absolutely. You just need to wait a few centuries when it comes to the Catholic church.
                    For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Catholics and Christians in general are just the fall guy, correct as though that it is.
                      Order of the Fly
                      Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Originally posted by Giancarlo View Post
                        Real change? Absolutely. You just need to wait a few centuries when it comes to the Catholic church.
                        That's a bit of an exaggeration. Half a century I reckon. One at most, behind the societal mean.

Comment

patt

Comment

i hear bill gates is accused

Comment

Working...
                            X