Death of a Nation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Berzerker View Post
    the drug war is racist, Nixon started his war because hippies and black people were the targets. The hippies wandered off into middle age leaving black folk on the front line.

Democrats didn't legalize weed, most legalization stemmed from ballot initiatives and referendums.

And I said legalize drugs, not just weed.
    Well if you make the argument that it's anti-hippie I'll buy into it. But then who cares, right. No but if you call it racist you can get people to scream and **** in the streets. But it's only against black DRUG ADDICTS and WHITE DRUG ADDICTS, not black people.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Kidlicious
      Kidlicious commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm not saying that black people aren't treated unfairly by the criminal justice system. I'm saying that it's not racist to keep drugs illegal because of that. Are there more black people incarcerated for other crimes that you want legalized, or is it just drug laws?

• Berzerker
      Berzerker commented
      Editing a comment
      its racist when the drug laws are enforced more often and more strictly against black people. Just drug laws... The enforcement of those is largely arbitrary, enforcing a law against murder is not.

• Kidlicious
      Kidlicious commented
      Editing a comment
      So you don't think homicide laws are racist if there are more innocent black men in prison for homicide and the black community is more affected by the laws?

Like the white drug addict in the oval office who does cocaine?
    For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
      Al Gore is a hack propagandist. His new book/film will be embraced by people who already agree with him, but will change nobody else's mind.

Kind of a wannabe neogreen Michael Moore, but with less finesse.
      Your comment works for An Inconvenient Truth as well, so I predict major film awards.

J

Comment

Working...
      X