No announcement yet.

In praise of death panels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spambots are getting clever-ish, I see. Also, Lori has the energy to moderate. The apocalypse may be upon us.
    1011 1100
    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Death panels could actually be a useful money saving device in a healthcare system. Supposedly 90% of all healthcare dollars are spent in the last few months of life so it would be a small impact with big financial benefits.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• pchang
        pchang commented
        Editing a comment
        True, but good luck convincing those with a few months to live to give them up.

NB that this thread wasn't originally actually in favor of death panels per se. But there are a lot of contradictory claims made about American healthcare. A while ago I ran across an incredibly complex argument that our healthcare costs are actually right on track with various demographic factors, but I would have had to look at all (IIRC) ninety graphs that the guy pulled up to support his argument, and the idea overwhelmed me so I just shrugged and moved on. I assume that, given the sheer complexity of our situation, some significant percentage of our cash is being spent on hookers and blow, but I don't know how one would even find out where.
      1011 1100
      Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

• pchang
        pchang commented
        Editing a comment
        Search for stories on the old dean of medicine at USC
    Working...
    X