Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dumb website claims Civ is imperialist and excuses colonization.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dumb website claims Civ is imperialist and excuses colonization.

https://imperialglobalexeter.com/201...perialism/amp/

That is kind of the point of the game and proves hacks miss the forest for the trees. Guess What? The game is still fun and that is a large reason why it is fun.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Sounds like the people who said that Mario encourages violence against turtles.
    I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
    Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
    Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

History is imperialist. Civ is inspired by history.
      12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
      Stadtluft Macht Frei
      Killing it is the new killing it
      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

And that is ok.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Candyland and Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory led to generations of obese children
          Keep on Civin'
          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

0.00001/10
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

And first person shooter games excuse mass killings.
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

TBH Civ sucks. Master of Orion is a better game. I don't care about haters, I smile in the face of mean-mugs now.
                Order of the Fly
                Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

I edited that post about 12 times base don how drunk I am.

I will hurt your ass. If I see double I dont; trip. If I see triple, we have a problem
                  Order of the Fly

Comment

Master of Orion 3 is the best strategy game ever made. If you disagree maybe I wil have Pruflas pay a visit to your female.

Order of the Fly

Comment

I like blowing stuff away but what does it say about people who enjoy games with simulated killing?

Thats just how life is, evolution produced our instincts for killing.

Comment

I never really liked Colonization... I played it about 1 1/2 times. Least favourite Sid game.
                        There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

The remake or the original? I played the 1st colonialization a couple times, but then realized that it does glorify illegal immigration into America on a grand scale
                          Blah

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Sparky View Post
                            I never really liked Colonization... I played it about 1 1/2 times. Least favourite Sid game.
                            The colonization game that came with civ IV was released broken. You really need to play one of the mods that fixed most of it. Religion and Revolution was probably the best. They're still updating it a decade later. I actually played a game of it last week. Play the domination winning condition instead of the revolution one and it's much better.
                            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I like the part where it holds up the Comanche as an alternative model. Why does every gang of oppressive tyrants have to be agrarian? Let's recognize diversity by including aggressive hunter nomads too!
                              1011 1100
                              Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Working...
                              X