Stuff to do in Copenhagen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

15 Euros€?

Definitely not cheap street food ... in takeaways in most german cities that would get me a full meal of pizza, a salad and breadrolls ... or a chinese meal together with appetiers
    (with notable exceptions, however ... I am sure that 15 euro€ for a salad would be normal prices in Kampen on the island of Sylt (a village which consists in most parts of the holiday villas of the truely rich people in germany ... and the cartering and other services, that are accustomed to their tastes ))
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

copenhagen in general is not very cheap. 10 euros for a day metro ticket. 3 euros for a bottle of water. it was a bit expensive. but it's a very nice city to visit. christiana also has its charm the hippies got the best land property IMO where there is sea and stips of land on both sides. at one gateway to chrstiana it says: "you are now entering the EU" which I found very funny it's not dangrous at all

Comment

I mean when you are about to exit it there is an arch-way, a gateway which says that.

Comment

Aye, I heard the people of Christiana take a very serious stance on keeping violence out of their alternative community.

Which is totally contrary to their stance on preventing the sale of Cannabis and other soft drugs
          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Uncle Sparky
            Uncle Sparky commented
            Editing a comment
            I would much rather be in a room full of stoners than a room full of dunks, unless I had the only bag of potato chips...

Originally posted by Bereta_Eder View Post
          go to paper island and have some steet food threr it's where all those in the know go the mexicali salad is especially good
          I always have liked Mexicali Salad though I usually ask them to add sliced black olives to it. The salad and the ceviche are the two foods the city is known for. Neighboring Calexico is known for a Mexican-Chinese fusion cuisine which has existed since the late 19th century.

The whole area kind of sucks but there are a few culinary bright spots.
          Last edited by Dinner; June 30, 2018, 11:35.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

We also ate a san diago something (I forget) probably salad too. there was a kiosk that had california food (it said) and a banner with a bear? must be the flag of california. It seemed the most interesting kiosk.

Comment

Was it a San Diego style fish taco? That is kind of the city's signature food.
              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post

Yeah, eating at the three time #1 rated restaurant in the world is no doubt is expensive. You better bet I found the money to eat at the French Laundry when I was in Napa though. When you are doing a once in a life time dinning at the best of the best it is worth it. I get it that it would be a budget buster and that is hard to justify for one meal but... It would be a once in a lifetime honeymoon type experience and you do have months to plan and save.

On a different topic how did you two decide on Denmark for your honeymoon?
                A few different things led us to Copenhagen.

First, her parents are farmers in North Dakota, so we have to do the wedding at a time when they're not so busy plowing, planting, harvesting, etc. The best date we could find was November 3rd. I'm starting my MBA at Georgetown in the fall, and the nearest break to Nov. 3 is Thanksgiving. Airfare to Copenhagen is extremely cheap at that time, especially compared to other destinations, and the flight times fit well with my schedule and hers. And she has never been to Europe, plus she is 100% Norwegian ethnically so there's some Scandinavian heritage.

We're going to take a longer trip probably to Asia in March when we have more time.

BTW, I know I haven't posted much in the past 3 years, since I left school. Been pretty busy. But I'm going back to school, so you might see more of me around.

edit: in case you're wondering, yes, she and her whole family all talk like the people in the movie Fargo. She's from an extremely rural area so her accent is pretty strong. However her father did not have a wood chipper.

Comment

Working...
                X