Stuff to do in Copenhagen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
    What is that Victorian era park/amusement park in the city? I forget the name.
    Tivoli ?
    With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

That is it.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Tivoli was build in the Victorian era, but I'm pretty sure that any Victorians wouldn't consider it Victorian this day.
        With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

If wife to be is a geek, try the Experientium (sp?).
          “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Originally posted by pchang View Post
            If wife to be is a geek, try the Experientium (sp?).
            Experimentarium

That is mainly for children, though grown up with childish minds do find it quite entertaining .

Steven Weinberg

Comment

I would have said that she should visit the Klingon Embassy... but that is in Stockholm, not Copenhagen
              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

About an hour north in Helsingor, is Kronborg Castle, the basis of Hamlet. Really not that exciting of castle. Only go if you're theatre nerds.
                There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post

Oh Tycho's observatory is a good idea. She studied physics and is a huge space geek, I'm sure she'll love that. Thanks.

Just looked into this and it's $750 for both of us to eat there which is more than a bit outside my price range, sadly. Not that it matters; the restaurant is sold out every day we'll be there. But I bet the food is good.
                  Yeah, eating at the three time #1 rated restaurant in the world is no doubt is expensive. You better bet I found the money to eat at the French Laundry when I was in Napa though. When you are doing a once in a life time dinning at the best of the best it is worth it. I get it that it would be a budget buster and that is hard to justify for one meal but... It would be a once in a lifetime honeymoon type experience and you do have months to plan and save.

On a different topic how did you two decide on Denmark for your honeymoon?
                  Last edited by Dinner; June 27, 2018, 20:33.
                  Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

try the
                    clam chowder

Comment

My wife recommends clubbing.

JM
                      Jon Miller-
                      I AM.CANADIAN
                      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• Uncle Sparky
                        Uncle Sparky commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Do they have a lot of baby seals in Copenhagen? Would they need to bring there own clubs?

go to paper island and have some steet food threr it's where all those in the know go the mexicali salad is especially good

Comment

go to the round tower and go all the way to the top. now climb down one half circe, and look inward towards the cetner of the tower. there will be a small chamber that will be open. Inside it there's a pexiglass adn you can see directly all the way down to the floor! it's very scary. extra point for jumpong on the glass (I didn't do it I was too chicken s!T)

Comment

Originally posted by Bereta_Eder View Post
                          go to paper island and have some steet food threr it's where all those in the know go the mexicali salad is especially good
                          Uhmn, that site closed 31. december 2017.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

• Uncle Sparky
                            Uncle Sparky commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I was going to recommend against eating a lot of street food on a honeymoon anyway...

I was there two weeks ago, it is really not closed it was packed too the quality of food is very decent https://www.google.com/maps/place/Pa...6!4d12.5977505

Comment

I mean the open air street food on paper island that has re-opened. not the closed space one and at 15 euros a salad, it is street food but defintely not scheap street food. the little harbor and the moving water bridge right after you've passed that beautiful road with the buildings (nevel? novel? don't know). anyway, it screams romanticism, the whole setiing. just go

Comment

Working...
                            X