Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Retired SCotUS Justice Stevens says we should repeal the 2nd Amend.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BeBro View Post
    But let's face it, as things stand now only murderers get to murder other ppl! By definition, law abiding citizens never do this.

I think the easiest way to solve this problem is to legalize murder for everyone!
    There is a good way to do this:
    He just has to make every law abiding citizen a policeman.

Afterwards every law abiding citizen has the right to kill other people, as long as he feels threatened by them
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

There are some fantastic ideas in those last few posts.
      Order of the Fly
      Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson View Post
        2nd amendment could probably use an update. Until it's modernized, my rights are being infringed upon since I can't carry around a nuclear or biological WMD. So cry me a river if you can't have an AR15 with a bumpstock. Like you could deter a nuclear strike on your hometown with it anyway.
        One of the linked YouTube videos had a commentary on the 2nd Amendment from Antonin Scalia, who said that "bear arms" implied that the weapons were handheld. Hence rocket launchers are covered by the amendment, but not tanks. So you can have a suitcase nuke, but not a high yield nuke. 'Parrently.
        One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

What about when we all have cyborg limbs? Does our carrying capacity increase accordingly or can we carry nothing?
          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Must have natural-born American arms.
            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I dont know what Penn was talking about, the 2nd Amendment begins with the justification for the right of the people to be armed. The states had to provide for their own security and it had to be well regulated. The Constitution gives Congress power to regulate the state militias to better provide for a common defense, but the states retained the power to appoint officers. The National Guard fills that role today, they get called in state emergencies and serve in war when needed.

But the 2nd Amendment didn't restrict the states, just the Congress. The states all have their own rules and regulations about militias, and I suspect most of them either say the right exists or refer to the citizen militia or able bodied who can be deputized in support of the state's militia. It was a state issue back then, Congress voted early on about making the Bill of Rights restrict the states and it failed in the Senate. No surprise there, the states appointed the Senate.

I think its a state matter... The 2nd Amendment places the burden of security on the states, so the states determine who can have guns...or rocket launchers.

Comment

Since the 14th amendment has been adopted the Supreme Court has held that the Bill of Rights does apply to the states?

Comment

Working...
                X