No announcement yet.

Star Trek Discovery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm at season 3 right now, and while I think they should have handled some things differently (more detail on internal politics, and move the flashbacks that give the audience information the characters don't have until after they have acquired it), I'm still enjoying it.
    Indifference is Bliss

Comment

The later seasons were ok. I preferred the first season when the grounder factions still were mysterious, and there weren't so many sky people storylines to follow.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson View Post
        The first season of The 100 was very good.
        Only 99 to go...

FWIW I completed Troy. It had overall 8 episodes to conclude the Illiad which IIRC covers 10yrs, and finally became interesting in late ep. 6.

Between 1 and early 6 it felt like 100 yrs though, not -10.

Big Spoiler: Troy gets destroyed.
        Blah

Comment

I didn't know there is a remastered version of Star Trek TOS with all new CGI for space scenes instead of the original funny oldstyle models.

Point and laugh if you will about this ignorance of mine, but I watched per accident one of the myriad tv reruns for ca. 20 mins and not only was the image quality really good, it also had digital space ships/planets etc. Or maybe somehow we jumped into an alternative universe where CGI made in into tv shows in the late 1960ies....

Wondering if this triggered as much of a debate as the later CGIed Star Wars original trilogy ...

(however, personally, I don't exactly feel like rewatching all ST:TOS just because of this)
          Blah

Comment

And were did you see this version?
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I have it on DVD, all they did was re-do alll the special effects, space scenes and cleaned up to footage and sound as best as they could.

I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
              Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
              Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
                And were did you see this version?
                It was on German tv, I just switched in per accident, then kept watching for a while. Dunno when this version was released, but if B_E got it on disc it must be out for some time.

Dunno if they CGIed Gorn (but guess only the space stuff, as B_E said, as it's easier to replace)
                Blah

Comment

They made the gorn blink occasionally, other than that it's still a guy in a rubber lizard suit.
                  I got the box set for my birthday back in 2016...
                  I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!

Comment

I think those space aliens should blink in different colors (color-coded by species) generally to make it easier to tell which is which. This would be esp. helpful for the lots of ST species which look mostly human.
                    Blah

Comment

Comment

Does anybody watch The Expanse?

Reviews seem to be really good - but I didn't watch anything of it yet.

However, any recommendations without spoilers pls
                        Blah

Comment

It’s really good

Comment

Yep, I recommend The Expanse, much better than the tepid Star Trek. Having said that, I think Discovery is the best series yet - from my Gen X point of view. The original was probably more ground breaking in its day.

Comment

I guess I give it a try after summer (The Expanse)
                              Blah

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X