Star Trek Discovery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Star Trek Discovery

Are spore drive and mycelial network complete esoteric nonsense or is there at least a vague "science" side of them?

Blah

Well, spores exist.
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Umm

I guess we never hear of it in later ST because rolling the whole ship full 360 every time has some sort of negative long-term effect ....
      Blah

Comment

Come on... it is SF... give em a break

I find the program entertaining and different than any of the other series.
        Is it great. No. But far better than a lot of the crap on TV.
        Keep on Civin'
        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I'm figuring that by the end of the run of this show, the ship and all it's crew will be destroyed and all knowledge of this technology will be lost.

But yeah not great, but it is interesting that they put together a group that breaks the rules more than Kirk ever did. No one on the main crew could be considered normal. Much different.
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Oh, I certainly do like ST_D it a lot in general Some episodes are better than others, but that's always the case. Overall a good show, absolutely.

Blah

Comment

Yeah, I was cruising through season one but got to episode 7 and the copy I got was the wrong format and I had to stop there.
              I'm really enjoying the quirkiness of it. The only thing missing is hot women. Alien or local.
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I do really enjoy that they do things that are not exactly "the usual" for ST (where often in the end of an episode all turned out well for everyone, or at least for the main guys). Now they even manage to sometimes outright shock ppl in recent eps. (no spoilers). I just haven't decided yet for myself in *each case whether a certain unexpected turn was a great twist or overdone.

Blah

Comment

If you eat the right fungus you will definitely know how a spore drive works ...

Comment

Originally posted by BeBro View Post
                    Are spore drive and mycelial network complete esoteric nonsense or is there at least a vague "science" side of them?
                    Alice in Wonderland as preferred book of the main protagonist, finding yourself lost in a strange world after eating mushrooms, a queen (of heart) who likes to chop heads as leader of this strange world...
                    STD: where Start Trek meets Alice in Wonderland.
                    The books that the world calls immoral are the books that show the world its own shame. Oscar Wilde.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	01ef190af224851636c0ccd4ea6518df--doctor-who-funny-star-wars-shirt.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	86.3 KB
ID:	9341914
                      I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
                      Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
                      Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

I never understood how a creature that couldn't navigate stairs could become a galaxy wide threat to all life.
                        “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Originally posted by pchang View Post
                          I never understood how a creature that couldn't navigate stairs could become a galaxy wide threat to all life.
                          I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!

Comment

Boo! - revisionist story telling now that they can afford better special effects.
                            “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Pfffft! This is better. Daleks vs. Cybermen.
                              A Conversation Between Two Linguistically Gifted Groups

Comment

Working...
                            X