No announcement yet.

Cryptocurrencies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I expect that bitcoin will get back to 20k or less in the next 2 years. I will probably buy at some point below 20k, and include that as part of my MEME investments.

Previously I didn't have the money to make MEME investments and opposed such investments on principle.

JM
    *MEME investments are ones that you expect to have a better than normal chance to shoot way up and to have outsized returns, at least for some short time. Bitcoin and Tesla are the exemplars.
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

TSLA is on fire today.
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

I guess people buying TSLA stock aren't worried about them getting chips to make their cars.

Comment

Dogecoin Flies 86% Higher As Elon Musk Tweets About It Yet Again

byAdrian Zmudzinski
          April 14, 2021 9:35 am
          License
          eToro is offering you $250 when you make your first $5K trade in any crypto!* Read our eToro review now. *Availaible to US residents from open states, served by eToro USA LLC.

Famous memecoin Dogecoin (CRYPTO: DOGE) nearly doubled its value over the last 24-hours as tech tycoon and Tesla Inc (NASDAQ:TSLA) Elon Musk rejoiced, and the upcoming Coinbase Nasdaq direct listing spurred market enthusiasm to new heights.
          I am not promoting Doge

Comment

This is one way to kill the shorts...

Gamestop Corp. (GME), Square (SQ), Tesla Motors (TSLA), Twitter (TWTR) - Is GameStop Making A Crypto, NFT Foray? | Benzinga

Comment

Coinbase is the new TSLA, or something.

Comment

My wife made a small investment in dogecoin and got a good return from it.

JM
                Jon Miller-
                I AM.CANADIAN
                GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

nice

Comment

Dogecoin Is the Poster Child for an Epic Financial Bubble

Stavros Georgiadis
                    RELATED QUOTES

|

Ric Grenell: Concerning signs coming out of Biden admin on foreign policy

Why is this physicist challenging climate science?© Source: Orpheus FX / Shutterstock.com Dogecoin Cryptocurrency

Dogecoin (DOGE-USD) has had an incredible week, rallying dramatically to touch a high of 40 cents before retreating slightly. DOGE-USD is currently trading around 34 cents, truly astonishing when you remember that back in early January 2021 its value was about one cent.
                    © Provided by InvestorPlace Dogecoin Cryptocurrency

Naturally, your first thought will be “what a great rally,” followed swiftly by “what a missed investment opportunity!” But Dogecoin isn’t an investment opportunity at all. It’s the poster child for an epic financial bubble.

Even worse, this coin isn’t even a financial asset to me, though it is a digital currency. Dogecoin isn’t just a joke, but a very nasty one, and things could soon end very badly for those invested in DOGE-USD.
                    Cryptocurrencies: Where Is Their Value?

The main factors that give any cryptocurrency its value are:
                    • Coin utility;
                    • Scarcity;
                    • Perceived project value;
                    • Transportability;
                    • Durability; and
                    • Ability to serve as a store of value and unit of exchange.

The main question to answer now is whether Dogecoin has any of these mentioned factors to have any value
                    The answer is it only has transportability. One person can send it to another through the internet. But this isn’t enough to have any value at all.

It has no utility at all. It does not have any scarcity as there is no limit on the mining of Dogecoin. And the perceived value of the project is based on its ” fun factor,” which does not a solid investment make.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller View Post
                      I think that it is a bad time to expect 10x returns on bitcoin. I think there is a fair chance that sometime in the next decade bitcoin might break 80k.

I think it is more likely that there will be a drop in bitcoin in the next year.

JM
                      It is hard to believe in 500k this bull run but I guess that up to 150k dollars BTC can rise easily. I won't be surprised if it really happens this year.

Comment

Working...
                      X