Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The politically incorrect history of white men.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The politically incorrect history of white men.

Since all of the statues of white men are being removed (btw, this is not a thread for you to trigger people with your racist propaganda) I thought some people might be interested in discussing the history of these men before it's too late.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Without the statues, we will never know what happened during the Civil War or which side won.
    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

How many civil war statues in the south depict black men?
      Unless some white man is standing on them.
      My guess would be 0.
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I also wonder how many of the statues that are getting removed were actually erected during civil war times (or shortly thereafter) and how many much much later (during the not so distant time that black people in US society fought for equal rights/status as white people)
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
          How many civil war statues in the south depict black men?
          Unless some white man is standing on them.
          My guess would be 0.
          We have all kinds of statues and memorials to black people, but I guess you didn't hear about it

Comment

Originally posted by Dauphin View Post
            Without the statues, we will never know what happened during the Civil War or which side won.
            They are still trying to create Obama's Legacy, so we will have to wait and see.

Comment

As a man who's skin happens to be white at least in the nether regions, my monument is still erect and is unforgettable!

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson View Post
                As a man who's skin happens to be white at least in the nether regions, my monument is still erect and is unforgettable!
                Toxic Masculinity?

Comment

I was going to start a new thread but I realized how related this is. Wow, and you thought fez was insane!
                  Award-winning news and culture, features breaking news, in-depth reporting and criticism on politics, science, food and entertainment.

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post

We have all kinds of statues and memorials to black people, but I guess you didn't hear about it
                    And there are a lot of statues of white guys that weren't put up to glorify slavery, but I guess you didn't hear about them. Another words, so what?
                    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post

And there are a lot of statues of white guys that weren't put up to glorify slavery, but I guess you didn't hear about them. Another words, so what?
                      Why do you think ANY statues were put up to glorify slavery? And why do you think that I think there were no statues of white men erected for a reason other than to glorify slavery?

Comment

As a total outsider, I fail to see the importance of statues... as an argument, that it will be forgotten is bad. There are no status for Hitler. I think we still remember the guy. In celebration? Well, the point stands, and still, who cares? Let's make a website for the guy. Like a really good one. With mailing lists. A mobile app to boot.
                        In da butt.
                        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                        THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                        "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka View Post
                          As a total outsider, I fail to see the importance of statues... as an argument, that it will be forgotten is bad. There are no status for Hitler. I think we still remember the guy. In celebration? Well, the point stands, and still, who cares? Let's make a website for the guy. Like a really good one. With mailing lists. A mobile app to boot.
                          There is no actual importance of statues. This is agitation.

Comment

There is no actual importance of statues. ...
                            If statues are not actually important, then there should be no problem to remove them
                            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

There is no actual importance of statues. This is agitation.
                              So stop agitating already.
                              “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Working...
                              X