what should i be doing right now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pekka View Post
    ...find yourself a relationship if you aren't in one.
    Yeah, because that's something I can just do.
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

I agree with the alcohol and exercise suggestions, but then, I'm a dopamine addict.

You could go and do some volunteer/charity work. I hear it does wonders for emotional stability.

Comment

But seriously, motorcycling.

Not commuting, travelling. Touring. Adventure touring. Off the beaten track. Camping. Alcohol. Chicks. (Fantasising about them).

And then, the natural consequence, Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance.

You do the riding on the weekends and holidays, and the maintenance after work.
        Last edited by ricketyclik; September 4, 2017, 10:52.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post

Yeah, because that's something I can just do.
          YES

Comment

Sarcasm, man.

Anyway, it occurred to me as I was trying to get to sleep last night that I now have the free time to do NaNoWriMo again. So that'll happen. I also opened up my latest short story "work in progress" and had thoughts about how to get that finished. There are also some local astronomy clubs that meet in the evenings I'm going to try to get involved with. There's even an amateur telescope-making community that has weekly workshops. I've been wanting to get involved with that because (a) it would be awesome and (b) I am not exactly mechanically-inclined and would like to be able to do things with my hands. (I used to paint 40k miniatures when I was a teenager, and I enjoyed that, but I was pretty terrible at it.)
            "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

While I agree that you should do more things you like and want to do, I'm tempted to suggest doing something where the ratio of women to men might be more in your favor. Just saying
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

yeah I got it that it was sarcasm

my responce was post-sarcastic

I don't understand. Is it because you live with other people?

living by yourself should have fired the companionship rockets by now

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
                  While I agree that you should do more things you like and want to do, I'm tempted to suggest doing something where the ratio of women to men might be more in your favor. Just saying
                  Like what? Cooking classes? Stepping out of my comfort zone to be social is hard enough as it is. I have to find activities that aren't going to add to my anxiety. Cooking (or anything else I have no experience with or exposure to) is going to make me self-conscious. Like, I am exaggerating slightly when I say I can't cook. I occasionally make Pasta Roni where I'm basically just boiling water, noodles, and a packet of spices. But even that taps into my anxieties, so I don't cook (or make any kind of meal) when my roommates are around. This sometimes leads to late night dinners...

Originally posted by Bereta_Eder View Post
                  I don't understand. Is it because you live with other people?

living by yourself should have fired the companionship rockets by now
                  Not sure I follow. I live with roommates but avoid them whenever possible. I'm also desperately lonely.

Comment

Like what? Cooking classes? Stepping out of my comfort zone to be social is hard enough as it is. I have to find activities that aren't going to add to my anxiety. Cooking (or anything else I have no experience with or exposure to) is going to make me self-conscious. Like, I am exaggerating slightly when I say I can't cook. I occasionally make Pasta Roni where I'm basically just boiling water, noodles, and a packet of spices. But even that taps into my anxieties, so I don't cook (or make any kind of meal) when my roommates are around. This sometimes leads to late night dinners...
                    Actually that will endear you to a majority of other women. I milked it at a cooking class in college. The women in the class were fawning over me trying to help the spaz that could barely boil water.
                    I guarantee that weren't doing it because of my looks or build, since I have neither. I got quite a few dates out of that one. heck I even took typing in HS and was the only guy in the class. (yes I'm that old) When you're one of the only men in a situation, you're not competing with anyone. And if you're bad at something, women's maternal instincts will kick in.
                    The only trick is to be good natured about it. More the AW shucks type instead of I CAN"T DO THIS BECAUSE I SUCK. Women can sense the difference.

Since then I've worked as a short order cook so I must have learned something and do a lot of cooking at home.now that I'm older. WIN WIN

Co-ed sports are another. The jock types have such an ego that must perform in front of the women, usually to the point of demeaning them. Even if you suck, as long as you're supportive, you're a hero.

So stepping out of your comfort zone will assist you with women. You'll just have to trust me on that one.

The only other alternative is waiting until you're rich and famous.
                    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

heck I even took typing in HS and was the only guy in the class. (yes I'm that old)
                      My friend and I did that because we had a crush on the teacher. He went on to run with her in the mornings before school, and had sex with her in her shower, after her body builder husband had gone to work. We were 15!

Comment

WOW 15. The body builder husband would have definitely scared me off.
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

LARPing dude. seriously.
                          I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
                          [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

WOW 15. The body builder husband would have definitely scared me off.
                            If he was into bodybuilding there's a fair chance he wasn't all that into his wife anyhow.
                            1011 1100
                            Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post

If he was into bodybuilding there's a fair chance he wasn't all that into his wife anyhow.
                              I suspect that may be the case, looking back on it. Why else would a beautiful woman in her twenties go for it with an awkward, pimply 15 year old? He was pretty charming though.

Comment

Working...
                              X